Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A server should show a message when somebody is kicked.

CSA Captain

A server should show a message when somebody is kicked.

A server should show a message when somebody is kicked.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

A typed 'reason' to go with a kick or ban would also really help, displayed to the server as well as the player who is kicked. As well as team identification when an action like that is taken. It's unnecessarily hard to tell if messages are even pertinent to your team or not.

I'm also worried about admins banning someone anonymously to other admins. One guy can go rogue and wreck a server and it would take forensic analysis to determine who. You also can't tell who's talking in [Server] chat. There's an importance to admins operating anonymously but not to other admins. It makes it dangerous.

Also that damn hotkey for admin menu is still stuck at E and I haven't managed to rebind it and keep bumping it. So my menu is popping up at dangerous times.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

I'd imagine even the player would sometimes like to know the specific reason why they were kicked. It's pretty obvious most of the time, but they do have the right to know.
    2nd Lieutenant Eoghan O'Cobhtaigh

agreed, this is a feature that should definelty be in place
    2nd Lt. Szalai Mihaly, 1st New Jersey, Company A

CSA Captain

Agreed, 100%
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Totally agree with having servers announcing when people are kicked much like it does when ppl are banned.

It should also be clear to a player when they have been kicked. It would go a long long way towards the state of a game if the developers could add a [You have been kicked from the server] message when a player is kicked. It would ease up tensions for both public and regimental players. This way people can know if they are crashing or being maliciously kicked.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    Totally agree with having servers announcing when people are kicked much like it does when ppl are banned.
    Some sort of logs would be nice to (maybe they exist already) So admins can look into them.
    Having an option to 'input' a reason would be great also, maybe further down the road of the development.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    Some sort of logs would be nice to (maybe they exist already) So admins can look into them.
    Having an option to 'input' a reason would be great also, maybe further down the road of the development.
    It should be publicly known that people are being kicked from the server. But overall the admin system should be overhauled and the people on the server should know what the admins are doing. This will keep the admins honest.
    Last edited by Saris; 02-18-2020 at 08:19 PM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    It should be publicly known that people are being kicked from the server. But overall the admin system should be overhauled and the people on the server should know what the admins are doing. This will keep the admins honest.
    ++1