Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dear Developers, We` d like to talk. A community initiative

There are so many issues that are still there after early access release, like the reload sound is still off sync when kneeling, menu options that won't stay off/on like Depth of Field, or maps that still got big issues like Roulette Lane where the CSA side can just sit 50 meters away from the point on the corner fence near the barn and take the point. Even though the point is not even near them. VOIP that stops working out of nowhere, putting your bayonet on and it keeps putting it on and off and you can't do anything about it, etc...

I never understood and I still don't understand why we're playing maps with a single cap zone, sometimes placed in questionable positions. My favorite games from the early 2000s had more than a single point of contention. This is the first shooter game where I've dealt with that and i can't say it's some genius simplification of strategy because it's definitely not. Average players don't seem to understand the counterattack / overtime system. A whole lot of people tonight thought it was a bug that the defender went into Final Push and wiped us off the point because it seems like it would be the only logical explanation. The prospect of the 'skirmishes' being a temporary fad to be replaced by something else doesn't really help when nobody has any idea what that is and we're wallowing where we're at. I sometimes feel like I bought a ticket to my favorite stadium and the seat turned out to be facing a concrete pillar.

alcoholic.gif

We're a helluva lot better off in terms of server tools than we were 16 months ago but if this is going to be an event-only game, which I dread, then we need more focus on that sooner. I like the engine though I just hope we get a wide variety of customizable tools late in development so things can be made to happen. I can't even rebind my admin menu key and it's in the middle of my darn keyboard where I hit it accidentally 15 times a round with my fat fingers.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

II-6th Louisiana Tigers 3rd French Battalion added with 30 men new numbers 30 Companys/Communities support with a total of 3600 people

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    The Pinkerton reports convinced George B. McClellan that Lee's army was marching into Maryland with a "medium estimate" of 120,000 troops. In reality, Lee might have had 50,000.

At least two companies claiming to represent over 150 player "signatures" each have only thirty accounts enlisted via Company Tool and in the case of one of those companies, over a third of those accounts were created and volunteered on the same day and never active again. I think it is telling that the most recent signature (a really good friend of mine who I love and respect) only reported a third of his muster roll (probably a generous accounting of his actual active numbers); and yet some companies that I have never seen online, who have 30 on the muster roll, report they represent 100+ people? Not trying to name and shame anyone or derail the thread, but I guess my point is... what is the advantage bumping the thread to report an arbitrary, and patently absurd, number?
    Just because the Company Tool does not reflect the correct numbers does not mean that the numbers stated here are arbitrary. The Company Tool in its current state is utterly useless and pointless and as such does not warrant being used in my opinion. Yes, some units such as the German Volunteers Community do utilize it, reflecting as such accurate numbers since we frequently sort out inactive players within our companies both in steam groups and within the company tool. Other companies choose to utilize Steam and its Group system instead. As such, many of the company numbers were gathered by us (the German Volunteers) by inquiring with the individual companies how many players their community represent. Numbers were given to us either as "community member within the company steam group" or "community members within the company tool". As such, we checked whether these figures were accurate (by investigating either Steam Group or Company Toll) and added them to the list. Furthermore, the numbers given are not claimed to be signatures by individual players. They are a representation of how many players are part of the communities who lend their support to this campaign. Why did we decide to take this approach? Simply because we have had the experience of having previously tried to raise awareness of the issues expressed within this post. We believed that back then, due to us being "only" a community of 400+ active German/Austrian and Swiss (or otherwise German-speaking) players, our pleas were from our perception, largely ignored by the development team. The only change worth mentioning would be the counter-attack mechanic which was pretty much copied from our proposal post, of course without the developers acknowledging that fact after the matter, while all other issues remained untouched and unspoken about. Non the less, from what we have been told by most if not all companies represented in the posted list, inquiries among their community member whether or not they would be willing to lend their support to this cause were made and were generally overwhelmingly in favour of our message. As such, having spent a considerable amount of time in writing the original post and having witnessed the hours spend by the German Volunteers Staff and Company Leadership in compiling this list of supporting companies I feel confident in stating, on behalf of the German Volunteers, that I do not agree with the notion of us purposefully exaggerating with these numbers. I appreciate and understand that the numbers are not perfect, I am sure they are not, yet we deemed them sufficient evidence that a large number of community members are very much dissatisfied with the ongoing development process and behaviour of the development team. Before the argument of "inactivity" gets thrown into the mix here in an attempt to discredit these numbers further. Many of the Companies of the German Volunteers community alone have a "rats tail" of the so-called Company Reserve of now inactive players easily (all combined) totalling 200+ players or so (if you want exact numbers i ll be happy to inquire further with the staff of the 4 companies that constitute the German Volunteers and will update the post accordingly). Most of these players are on the record of having quit War of Rights for the moment because of the atrocious technical issues, lack of gameplay variety and other issues discussed in this post. As such, inactive players or communities should not simply be dismissed on the grounds of them being inactive as they more likely than not will have quit the game because of the aforementioned issues in my experience.

Sincerely

2nd Lt. Dennis Lemuel Todd, 18th North Carolina Volunteers, Company A.
    Last edited by ATOMBaneblade; 04-20-2020 at 03:09 PM.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Guys, let's not turn this into an argument about sizes. If you want the developers to keep reading it, I suggest you stay on subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Xbwalker View Post
    Guys, let's not turn this into an argument about sizes. If you want the developers to keep reading it, I suggest you stay on subject.
    It don`t consider this an argument Sir. He asked several questions and I answered them as best I could with the information I deemed necessary and had available at the time. I also do not believe that, a legitimate question in regards to the nature of the information we provided as part of this community forum post, is distracting from the subject at hand since it is very much intended to be a community post and as such should be open to criticism from the community. As such, I see no reason why the developers would stop reading simply because of rbsmith7 asking a legit question and me answering it to the best of my ability

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    And I sincerely meant no offense, nor to derail the thread, only didn't understand the mentality. Thanks to Bane for his reply. Let's press onward, gentlemen!
    Oh, no offence taken at all Sir, I am working on a paragraph to add to the official post to explain exactly how we came to those numbers as to avoid confusion. We genuinely did not think about that aspect of transparency so I appreciate it that you brought it up . I hope I did not come across too harshly in my post. I am glad the community reception for this post has been overwhelmingly positive in this regard and look forward to hearing from all of you in the future.

Sincerely

2nd Lt. Dennis Lemuel Todd, 18th North Carolina Volunteers, Company A.

Dead initiative. As usual

Aaaaaand nothing came out of this. We still have no idea of what exactly they have been working on since the last update ages ago and it seems this won't change.
    I'm starting to regret my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Barbosa View Post
    Aaaaaand nothing came out of this. We still have no idea of what exactly they have been working on since the last update ages ago and it seems this won't change.
    I'm starting to regret my purchase.
    I mean.. the artillery patch is on the public test branch via the beta opt in options in Steam available to all owners of WoR so I will have to disagree with you (I guess you maybe missed the announcement & release of the test branch a few weeks back).

- Trusty