Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Developers, We` d like to talk. A community initiative

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by MK81 View Post
    Will this WoR forum get an admin overhaul at somestage to clean things up? I'd like to see older posts seperated off or closed if they are no longer relevent so that current issues and topics can be seen with greater clarity.
    Seems like a good suggestion.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Dane Karlsen View Post
    Then there is the 'clans should have special acccess' argument.
    I do not thing that was the intention or didn't read it that way (for example I stated the opposite about personally not caring for inside info or whatever -> not if asked I wouldn't help out) ? Think the letter was intented to get people who share the same feeling to speak up.
    It means they are worried about certain voices becoming louder, it doesn't mean they want to 'abandon support' … otherwise the're would be such an action.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

The pace of development is the underlying issue, nobody would be complaining about communication if the pace was quicker. It's difficult to continue to dream big when development is so laborious, taking about a year for each major feature since the Alpha. Without dreams, things kind of suck. No wonder nobody wants to hear my suggestions, I'm sort of worried about development time commitments myself now. One minute you're at the cusp of 200-person servers, the next artillery and 200 person servers go hand-in hand and it's twelve months later. I'm genuinely impressed a player count of 150-200 was reached. The flag bearer system was worth the effort. But it's 2020 and there's no way of knowing what the gaming market will be like in another five years and where WoR will fit into it. Is WoR going to be finished in Spring of 2025? I think so but I'm not willing to bet money.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA General of the Army

Nearly 6 months ago we were told artillery was close. After the first of the year it was still just over the horizon, but at least we were told there were issues.We're coming up on mid-April and we still haven't gotten something that was talked about in November. And now we're being told this update has a massive amount of extra things aside from Arty. With the devs committing to no more gameplay fixes until after arty gets implemented, we've had to slog through the last six month with the same issues day after day. Melee is still a mess, VOIP works when it wants to, there is still a latency bug where players are being killed immediately after spawning in if they were stabbed before respawn, end of round events still need tweaking, and a lot of the maps just aren't fun anymore. The river crossing map has turned into nothing but an AI artillery bombardment for the defenders with more guns going off than were present at Sharpsburg, a lot of the out of bounds areas make no sense and we still have capture points that have no military significance at all.

That being said, I don't think artillery is going to fix everything, I've never thought that. Its going to change the way the maps are played since most are going to rely on it to carry the point. But I want it done mostly because its holding everything else up. And now that this update is going to be a lot bigger than just arty apparently, I'm worried we wont see it until well into summer, and by that point people just wont care anymore.

CSA Captain

I do appreciate the topic being put forward by the letter representing a good part of the WoR-community. Thanks to the writers and subscribers!

I just want to make it short here. I really cannot understand what could be so hard for the dev-team to simply give a report on a weekly or even just on a monthly basis. That is what almost every gaming-title out there does and what this does is, that the community of the respective title is kinda calmed down as they are simply informed about what is going on behind the screens at the dev department.

This is not what this letter is about in the first place, but I guess that is what a vast majority on the forums would pretty much like to see.

So I would really be looking forward to such a weekly/monthly report. And please feel free to also give "negative" development reports, like "this month we had been lazy and didn`t do anything." or "there was this and that mishap, that put us back in development for appr. 2-3 months. How deep you would go with these reports is on your hands, but well yes the more detail the better (but as this community is starving from info, everything is welcome I guess) Also these information help to simply have the community informed about what is going on.

... of course more "positive" reports would get you more fanmail

These are my 2cents on the topic. I hope this can all be sorted in an adult way.

Cheers gentlemen!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s
    Nice suggestions hope you have the DEVs ears now.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I'm sort of worried about development time commitments myself now. Is WoR going to be finished in Spring of 2025? I think so but I'm not willing to bet money.
    I´m also agree, and want to add, if they dont plan to launch the game anytime soon why they dont give the rewards for us, crowfounders, before the game falls into oblivion, so we can at least enjoy them for a bit ?
    33rd Virginia Regiment Staff
    God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal.

my response copied from another thread here:

All i can say is, that the developers need to look at how Hell Let Loose was handled, they had not enough people to work on the game to make progress, they were clearly passionate about their project and did not wanted it to die a slow death in Early Access, they teamed up with Team17 Digital that would publish the game but also help with development and it gave the game such a incredible boost in development speed and also quality and the average review scores went from Positive to Overly Positive. There is no shame to ask for help devs!

Do the devs want to say anything else? Bumping this to keep it active. Y'all have been pretty quiet on this.

CSA Captain

This sort of initiatives has been tried before by parts of the community. And I really hope this time something positive will come out of it. Not for a short moment in time but for the long haul. No clue what is happening with the development other then Artillery Soon. I do not see why it would be an issue to post a road map with Q1/2/3/4 indications. Something to look forward to. And if you see that one of the development Q's isn't going to be reached inform the community in time and mention why it isn't reached so we know. But that is my take on this. I personally don't want to talk to you on discord, i just want to be able to read what you guys are working on, or read a dev blog on actual progress.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Do the devs want to say anything else? Bumping this to keep it active. Y'all have been pretty quiet on this.
    lack of communication in a thread where people complain about the lack of communication...
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02