Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dear Developers, We` d like to talk. A community initiative

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    lack of communication in a thread where people complain about the lack of communication...
    Hi there.

This is the official statement released by Campfire Games: https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...l=1#post101150 regarding the issues raised by the community members present in this thread.

We are reading everything and are discussing it internally to a very large degree. The issues raised are being taken extremely seriously and a lot of time is spent on digesting them. That being said, we don’t have anything additional to state at this moment in time.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

We are reading everything and are discussing it internally to a very large degree. The issues raised are being taken extremely seriously and a lot of time is spent on digesting them. That being said, we don’t have anything additional to state at this moment in time.

- Trusty
    so no reaction to any of the suggestions which came up here after your reply.

thats the problem and thats why it dont feel like you take it seriously. Thats also a reason for my sarcastic comment up there.

People show you that they would like to have more communication and write suggestions. A sign that you take it serious would be that you discuss with your community how it could be better. Stay silent and dont reply to any comment after yours do not look like it is a serious topic.

I have no hard feelings I just try to show you how it looks like.
    I can understand that you guys need some time to think about and organise something and i hope you find a good solution (best would be with your community together).
    Everybody here care a lot about this game please dont let us down.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Major

I've remained quiet on this until now. I agree with what was said above about the Hell Let Loose model. They were a small passionate team just like all of you but they weren't able to push the game forward on their own. They needed help and they knew it was time to ask for it and they couldn't have done it at a more critical time. I believe your team is in the same position as there has not been an update since last September and that's concerning. We don't know your inner workings because you don't invite us in enough. I can only assume you can't push the needle forward consistently enough because you simply don't have the manpower to do so. That's a guess on my part I don't know enough to be sure but that's the way it appears to me.

I love this game and anyone who knows me wouldn't question my commitment so please understand where I'm coming from. I also love how this game has developed and of course it needs work but you all have done a really fine job of getting it here.

If you need help or a partnership to keep this game moving forward I would suggest you give that a really hard look because right now I see a community that's starting to develop a bad taste in a sense. This is the same community that has supported you through thick and thin.

Everything points to your team is not big enough to continue developing this game on your own and you really have to consider some form of partnership if you need it or hiring more people to get the work done even if it goes beyond the core group that started the game.

Because I love this game so much I hope you guys figure this out for all of our sakes.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 04-17-2020 at 05:30 AM.

USA General of the Army

If Battle Cry of Freedom goes well, it could spell ill for War of Right.
    Last edited by Bravescot; 04-17-2020 at 03:36 PM.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    idk that's like saying when Holdfast came out, it spelled the end for Napoleonic Wars (warband).

CSA Major

I'm not particularly convinced about that Bravescot, I think that they will both fulfil very different requirements. Looking over BCoF I am reminded more of NW, and therefore also Holdfast, than War of Rights. I should think that it is Holdfast whom should be somewhat concerned about a release by Flying Squirrel - if it ever comes to fruition.

Glacial development with War of Rights should cause the greater concern.

In the past, they kept saying that they had enough money for several years of development. Why not use that money to hire new members in their team to work faster?

It's like they have only one guy that can code...

And why revamp the foliage , the trees and the rocks when there are other things that need an update or a fix?

Don't tell me that HD trees and rocks are necessary to the development of artillery and cavalry.

At this point, I don't care anymore about what the devs say. It's like they themselves don't know how they are going to pull this through.
    Last edited by LeFuret; 04-17-2020 at 08:37 PM.
    siiiiiip, yup.

CSA Captain

Although many regimental players say they fill completely different niches regarding game-play, it could still spell ill for WOR due to the fact that in all honesty the community has gotten very bored with the same repetitive game experience. This is the main reason as to why artillery has been long awaited. I fear that the casual player base would move on to BCOF because it has many different ways of game-style rather than just one mode that we have had since the game was made playable. Also, timing should be important for the release of these updates, as it seems that today's issues with the corona virus could bring in new blood to WOR further boosting the player-base and in turn increasing revenue which would allow the addition of more developers further increasing the frequency of updates and fixes. With new players always asking in the steam discussions as to why the last update was in December and to see if the game is dead and you have people having to explain to them that the game is in fact not dead but the devs are working on it.To the casual player's eye the game would seem appealing yet dead, as the fate of many games nowadays. This leads to a declined player-base and a stunted growth for regiments. All in all, the way the devs have been releasing steam news and updates has been lacking which as for all the reasons listed could be a recipe for disaster if BCOF is released before these promised features are added.

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Not everyone on the team can work on the same thing at the same time and not everyone has the same skillset. It is very likely the seemingly mundane stuff like rocks and trees is the work of a team member that cannot contribute in a meaningful way to artillery at the present time.
    The problem is still the same :The team is too small.

They can't progress fast enough and where it matters.
    Last edited by LeFuret; 04-18-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    siiiiiip, yup.

Can't Progress fast enough is subjective.

The major problem is that we do not know what is worked on, and any indication about when curtain goals are close to being finished.