Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to make War of Rights Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post

Main reason I want it is because its literally holding up development at this point since they aren't doing any balancing until it releases.
    This is where I'm at as well. I don't even want to shoot the damn things I just want to pick off cannon crews with skirmishers and ruin everyone's fun new mechanic for hours on end lol.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Vankovski View Post
    This is where I'm at as well. I don't even want to shoot the damn things I just want to pick off cannon crews with skirmishers and ruin everyone's fun new mechanic for hours on end lol.
    Bravo, very constructive behaviour

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Though having artillery out will be good but i suspect that its not going to be the saving grace the game needs, artillery alone does not fix the underlying problem affecting not only war of rights, but other current line battle games. Repetition is the killer of this game, playing the same map over over with the same attack defense styles have gotten old and are turning people away from hopping on and playing. Artillery might spice it up some more but will not change the overall playablility of maps we currently have in game. I've expressed many times to have more maps than we have now, though even that will not fix the problems once those new maps have been played many times. A random map generator from my perspective was the the end all game mechanic that made Napoleonic Wars playable for so long. I fear if we dont get something like that, maps that are not similar to what we've been playing, the population is going to drop below redeemable numbers. Not only having randomly generated maps will be beneficial for the game, having multiple spawn points will too. This will change almost every map we have in game and make them fresh again to say the least.

No cohesion makes public play unbearable in a game that is built and made to be played as a team. I honestly cant hop in alone and enjoy public play anymore, events are the only thing keeping me active in this game. Picket Patrol was suppose to alleviate this problem but after the first month of picket patrol, nobody get near it, either in public or events. Though I understand the tendencies of pubs to wander off from the main line, its exacerbated in a game that forces you to either work together or lose ever time.

War of Rights will be fine if either most or all of the maps of Harpers Ferry were either reworked, removed, or re purposed for another gamemode. Harpers Ferry is barely touched now and it has left a bad taste in not only my mouth but others for what the devs did to us when they forced us to either play it or not play at all when the only map available was River Crossing(shit map to say the least). HF had so much lost potential and its honestly sad, tbh the whole game has potential that has been squandered.

Infantry combat is the best thing war of rights has going for it, making flags a mobile spawn point made them not only usable but extremely important. If the other things i mentioned above can get fix, things can be turned around for this game but currently things look bleak for War of Rights.

I've played almost 900 hours since 2016, made countless videos, and ran a successful unit in this game and I dont want to see it go down due to incompetence. But if the devs want the game to die due to their chasing of their vision, then so be it, it was a fun ride.
    I completely agree with everything Saris listed here. At this point in time this game has nothing keeping its numbers somewhat breathing other than events by highly dedicated regiments who have begun realizing their voices are not heard and that updates will take an eternity to complete. As many have said before if BCOF releases before historical mode and cavalry is implemented it could really hurt WOR in a profit and playerbase sense. However, I hope that BCOF does have a good release in which it should be a wake-up call to the devs that they have to do something be it hire more developers or to somehow work much faster than they currently are ( I understand they are hard at work, but still, 4 months since the last update? Hell, something small such as optimization or something could maybe ease the wait).

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Bravo, very constructive behaviour
    You think I'm gonna just let you fire your cannons at my team un-harassed? Get real lmao