Thread: Possible locations for the future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

USA Captain

Possible locations for the future

I know this has been talked about for a while now, but people have been asking for other locations such as Gettysburg, Atlanta, Shiloh, Petersburg, and others. Personally in the future after WOR has released I would love to see both 1st and 2nd Manassas and some later battlefields like Vicksburg and Chattanooga, so I am asking what would everyone else like to see for the future?

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLOG View Post
    I know this has been talked about for a while now, but people have been asking for other locations such as Gettysburg, Atlanta, Shiloh, Petersburg, and others. Personally in the future after WOR has released I would love to see both 1st and 2nd Manassas and some later battlefields like Vicksburg and Chattanooga, so I am asking what would everyone else like to see for the future?
    Since there is supposed to be cavalry in the future i would like to see Brandy Station Battle

My Masters thesis involves Vicksburg and so I will forever vote for the Vicksburg Campaign. Western theatre, new landscape, new regiments, new flags. The Battle of Champion Hill was more of a traditional battle, but then you've got the frontal assaults on the riflepits and breastworks of Vicksburg in May, the Union set of 2,200 lbs. of powder on one of the breastworks and launched an attack on the opening, there's night raids, sharpshooting and battery duels, you've got USCT troops versus Confederate raiders at Milliken's Bend, you've got the opportunity to introduce Timberclads and Ironclads...

I was down there on Saturday and took this picture of the Third Louisiana Redan. This is what I mean when I say the landscape is totally unique. I feel like most of the other suggestions we have heard would basically look and feel very much the same. Not so with Vicksburg...

116123893_2862778440621681_4325681207544458110_o.jpg

CSA Captain

Hi Bradley,

do you have any pictures how the same location looked like back then? the terrain looks very interesting indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Hi Bradley,

do you have any pictures how the same location looked like back then? the terrain looks very interesting indeed
    This is the center-right of my present day photo.

What you see are Union trenches and dugouts.

Shirley-House-During-Siege-of-Vicksburg.jpg

CSA Captain

Thanks for sharing, pretty much what I expected to see those dugouts must have been massive, fascinating