Thread: Defensive structure percentages

CSA Major

Question Defensive structure percentages

Hi CFG,

Is it possible to get an official dataset of defensive model penetration values available on this forum?

For example:
    A large tree - 100% pistol projectile prevention, 100% rifle projectile prevention, 70% artillery projectile prevention
    A large rock- 100% pistol projectile prevention, 100% rifle projectile prevention, 90% artillery projectile prevention
    A wooden building wall - 90% pistol projectile prevention, 40% rifle projectile prevention, 5% artillery projectile prevention

It would be good to know where to direct people who want to know about defensive values of materials and objects in the ingame environment. The above examples, I've thrown in are made up numbers but I would appreciate the official data being displayed on this thread. Artillery projectile types may need to be seperated, and possibly a buck and ball value for rifles.

Some data for: tents and teepees, caissons, wagons, wheels, small modelled trees, various furniture types, various fence types, the tub, ammo boxes, stable walls, windows, headstones, cannons, haystacks, barn doors and any other objects you can cower behind that I've missed would help me out.

With the artillery deployment not being too far away, I thought that a thread like this would not only help the gunners in terms of understanding their capabilities but the infantry and cavalry as well.

I've asked before about destructable objects in RhettVito's 'The artillery of Antietam' thread, so wont go there again, but hope to see some in the future. It would be interesting to see the demise of defensive points over the course of a battle.
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

Quote Originally Posted by MK81 View Post
    Hi CFG,

Is it possible to get an official dataset of defensive model penetration values available on this forum?

For example:
    A large tree - 100% pistol projectile prevention, 100% rifle projectile prevention, 70% artillery projectile prevention
    A large rock- 100% pistol projectile prevention, 100% rifle projectile prevention, 90% artillery projectile prevention
    A wooden building wall - 90% pistol projectile prevention, 40% rifle projectile prevention, 5% artillery projectile prevention

It would be good to know where to direct people who want to know about defensive values of materials and objects in the ingame environment. The above examples, I've thrown in are made up numbers but I would appreciate the official data being displayed on this thread. Artillery projectile types may need to be seperated, and possibly a buck and ball value for rifles.

Some data for: tents and teepees, caissons, wagons, wheels, small modelled trees, various furniture types, various fence types, the tub, ammo boxes, stable walls, windows, headstones, cannons, haystacks, barn doors and any other objects you can cower behind that I've missed would help me out.

With the artillery deployment not being too far away, I thought that a thread like this would not only help the gunners in terms of understanding their capabilities but the infantry and cavalry as well.

I've asked before about destructable objects in RhettVito's 'The artillery of Antietam' thread, so wont go there again, but hope to see some in the future. It would be interesting to see the demise of defensive points over the course of a battle.
    Is there anything published on these stats for the game environment elsewhere? I see added sound effects for small arms fire vrs artillery limbers etc but no reference to their ballistic impact reduction or penetration?