Thread: Some Company Tool Ideas

USA Captain

Some Company Tool Ideas

After a short discussion with the devs I decided to put my ideas for the company tool here so they aren't lost.

Company level:
    - Devs should work with the community and clear out all inactive/paper companies to make way for people to actually make active units.
    - Sections should be allowed within the platoons for further immersion.

Regimental level:
    - One of the company commanders sends a request to another company to form the regiment. He becomes the regimental commander
    - Commander can invite more companies to the regiment.
    - Commander can transfer his position
    - Regimental commander and staff have full access to accept new members into companies, promote and demote company people, and assign roles.
    - Regimental ranks include; Colonel, lt. Col., Major, Sergeant Major, Quartermaster Sergeant.
    - Regimental roles include; Commander, Adjutant, Regimental Staff
    - Those looking to enlist click on the regiment and then can choose an individual company to join.

Organization Level:
    - One of the regimental commanders sends a request to another regiment to form the organization. He becomes the organization commander
    - More invites can be sent out by the commander.
    - Organization can make a custom name.
    - Ranks include; Brigadier General, Major General.
    - Some roles include; Corps Commander, Division Commander, Brigade Commander, Aid de camp, Adjutant, Quartermaster

Ingame tags (when the company tool is added to the game):
    - Currently infantry company tags are fine ex. [9thNY(Co.A)]
    - Batteries are current weird since they leave out the state/federal part to it, so instead it should be the Battery's nickname or just add the state/federal part. Ex. [Clark.Batt], [Clark's Bat] or something along those lines.
    - For the regimental level, all regimental staff should just have the regiment without the company. ex. [9thNY]
    - For orgs a lot of us currently put an abbreviation and a - infront of the unit's tags. ex. IX-[9thNY(Co.A]. Now I would say that organization commanders should have an option to put an abbreviation of their organization's name. Maybe 2-3 letters max.

These were just some ideas, and I'm happy to add onto the list with any other ideas people may have. For all i know some of these ideas might already be in the devs' minds.

Good ideas
    Last edited by Ghost30; 04-21-2020 at 05:55 AM.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler28256 View Post
    After a short discussion with the devs I decided to put my ideas for the company tool here so they aren't lost.

Company level:
    - Devs should work with the community and clear out all inactive/paper companies to make way for people to actually make active units.

Regimental level:
    - One of the company commanders sends a request to another company to form the regiment. He becomes the regimental commander
    - Regimental commander and staff have full access to accept new members into companies, promote and demote company people, and assign roles.
    - Regimental ranks include; Colonel, lt. Col., Major, Sergeant Major, Quartermaster Sergeant.
    - Those looking to enlist click on the regiment and then can choose an individual company to join.

Organization Level:
    - One of the regimental commanders sends a request to another regiment to form the organization. He becomes the organization commander
    - Some roles include; Corps Commander, Division Commander, Brigade Commander, Aid de camp, Adjutant, Quartermaster

- Batteries are current weird since they leave out the state/federal part to it, so instead it should be the Battery's nickname or just add the state/federal part. Ex. [Clark.Batt], [Clark's Bat] or something along those lines.
    - For the regimental level, all regimental staff should just have the regiment without the company. ex. [9thNY]
    - For orgs a lot of us currently put an abbreviation and a - infront of the unit's tags. ex. IX-[9thNY(Co.A]. Now I would say that organization commanders should have an option to put an abbreviation of their organization's name. Maybe 2-3 letters max.

These were just some ideas, and I'm happy to add onto the list with any other ideas people may have. For all i know some of these ideas might already be in the devs' minds.
    +1 -> Just to keep some good ideas, and YES it would be great if there was a thread with all the ideas posted through the years all together or what the 'devs' have gathered.

Fancy posted on some changes some 'months' ago, but think most agreed in the "community" CT also need a big overhaul and better implementation, think most preferred on letting the devs work on other projects and not putting it n° 1 on the priority list
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA Brigadier General

Company level:

Regimental level:

Organization Level:

great ideas but some points are unclear for me:

you say one company sends a request to another one:

In my mind it should be possible to invite companies which are not part of your regiment or branch to make it possible to form "legions" if necessary.

my thought behind this is that a lot of us will or have formed a battery while also maintain a infantry company. it would be great to bring them together so one guy would be able to administrate all the companies without the need of multiple accounts.
    But how would a tag look like? can you set a tag like: Tylers Legion or would they keep their normal company tags?

now it gets more unhistorical:

would it be possible to form a organisation between both nations? I dont know much organisations in our community who are like that but since i am part of such an organisation i would like to bring this topic up.

It would allow such organisations to take advantage from the better administration and they would have a better overview again with the advantage that multiple accounts are no longer needed.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    great ideas but some points are unclear for me:

you say one company sends a request to another one:

In my mind it should be possible to invite companies which are not part of your regiment or branch to make it possible to form "legions" if necessary.

my thought behind this is that a lot of us will or have formed a battery while also maintain a infantry company. it would be great to bring them together so one guy would be able to administrate all the companies without the need of multiple accounts.
    But how would a tag look like? can you set a tag like: Tylers Legion or would they keep their normal company tags?

now it gets more unhistorical:

would it be possible to form a organisation between both nations? I dont know much organisations in our community who are like that but since i am part of such an organisation i would like to bring this topic up.

It would allow such organisations to take advantage from the better administration and they would have a better overview again with the advantage that multiple accounts are no longer needed.
    For the one company sends a request to another thats just to start the regiment/organization. You can add more companies/regiments in future just by the commander sending the invite.

Regarding the invite companies not apart of your regiment you can simply use the Organization level option to do so.

Organisations with both sides isn't needed on the company tool You could just make two orgs a version for each side.

USA Brigadier General

Regarding the invite companies not apart of your regiment you can simply use the Organization level option to do so.
    would be possible but what if they are part of a organisation?

So X NY Infantry found a Y NY battery which is under their command/ part of their unit. To make administration easier it would great to have them together on regimental level. why? because of that:

If they want to join Z Army Corps they would have to join the organisation of the Army Corps, loosing the ability to do the administration with one account unless they get part of the get a rank in the organisation level.

it gets a bit confusing here so i draw a picture.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Organisations with both sides isn't needed on the company tool You could just make two orgs a version for each side.
    but then you would have to have double accounts again. furthermore it would probably not be possible to use the same tag, because i guess that would be limited.

EDIT:

another idea but may be to much. Can a organisation be part of another organisation? then it would be possible to form brigades etc what some of the Corps do and would be a workaround for the problem i see and described above.

so much possibilities. Tyler your triggered me :P

Last edited by Maximus Decimus Meridius; 04-22-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    would be possible but what if they are part of a organisation?

So X NY Infantry found a Y NY battery which is under their command/ part of their unit. To make administration easier it would great to have them together on regimental level. why? because of that:

If they want to join Z Army Corps they would have to join the organisation of the Army Corps, loosing the ability to do the administration with one account unless they get part of the get a rank in the organisation level.

it gets a bit confusing here so i draw a picture.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

but then you would have to have double accounts again. furthermore it would probably not be possible to use the same tag, because i guess that would be limited.

EDIT:

another idea but may be to much. Can a organisation be part of another organisation? then it would be possible to form brigades etc what some of the Corps do and would be a workaround for the problem i see and described above.

so much possibilities. Tyler your triggered me :P

Well having an organization join an organization could certainly work.

Good ideas.
    I've already started migrating the 1st PA off the company tool, will prob. shift to a custom solution.