Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Artillery Progress & The Platform System Explained - May 2nd 2020

USA General of the Army

So, we're coming up on the end of the month and still a lot of silence on any sort of progress. Are we getting close to a release of this update?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    So, we're coming up on the end of the month and still a lot of silence on any sort of progress. Are we getting close to a release of this update?

Lol. We are still awaiting a fix for the dead rising bug and the implementation of 200 player servers. Artillery was previewed over a year ago and per their last "update" it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's a shame really. This game has so much potential, but for whatever reason, it appears the development has stagnated.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    We'll probably create a progress report within too long as it has been close to a month as you point out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
    Lol. We are still awaiting a fix for the dead rising bug and the implementation of 200 player servers. Artillery was previewed over a year ago and per their last "update" it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's a shame really. This game has so much potential, but for whatever reason, it appears the development has stagnated.
    Artillery was first previewed on the 17th of September, 2019 (the anniversary of Antietam). The development is progressing although we realize that it may seem as though it isn't from the outside (which is why a progress update every month is a good call). While Mike, our programmer, continues to work on getting rid of the release blockers (a few are likely to have been fixed since the last progress report) other team members are able to work on other things that otherwise wouldn't have made their way into the initial artillery release. We'll go into detail with some of those in the progress report itself.

- Trusty

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We'll probably create a progress report within too long as it has been close to a month as you point out.

We'll go into detail with some of those in the progress report itself.

- Trusty
    That´s about all I want to hear good Sir. Thank you for those reports, keep them coming and keep us informed on what is going on in Aquavit-Land!

Cheers lad`s!

Perhaps the draw distance could be made to change when viewing through the binoculars and when fine-tuning the gun's aim.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

I'm glad with these updates. Yeah i want artillery to be released today, but I don't underestimate the work that goes into programming this. As I said before, rather have artillery that works properly then artillery that bugs out half of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

Artillery was first previewed on the 17th of September, 2019 (the anniversary of Antietam). The development is progressing although we realize that it may seem as though it isn't from the outside (which is why a progress update every month is a good call). While Mike, our programmer, continues to work on getting rid of the release blockers (a few are likely to have been fixed since the last progress report) other team members are able to work on other things that otherwise wouldn't have made their way into the initial artillery release. We'll go into detail with some of those in the progress report itself.

- Trusty
    I understand that you are not able to give a timetable on anything. However I am wondering if 200 man servers are in the works. I have seen recently especially in events a lot of players are getting stuck out and I think having larger servers would really help. I appreciate all the good work you guys are doing and I cant wait to see the progress report.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco8x25 View Post
    I understand that you are not able to give a timetable on anything. However I am wondering if 200 man servers are in the works. I have seen recently especially in events a lot of players are getting stuck out and I think having larger servers would really help. I appreciate all the good work you guys are doing and I cant wait to see the progress report.
    The next scheduled test for 200 man servers was told to be after the Artillery update as we have tested it quite thoroughly in the past with just infantry.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Draco8x25 View Post
    I understand that you are not able to give a timetable on anything. However I am wondering if 200 man servers are in the works.
    There is always the possibility that we might not see Artillery until September or later. As such, I wouldn't get too excited about the prospect of 200 player servers any time soon. Best to temper your expectations.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    There is always the possibility that we might not see Artillery until September or later. As such, I wouldn't get too excited about the prospect of 200 player servers any time soon. Best to temper your expectations.
    Would not be surprised if we get artillery on the anniversary of the battle.