Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Artillery Progress & The Platform System Explained - May 2nd 2020

Perhaps the draw distance could be made to change when viewing through the binoculars and when fine-tuning the gun's aim.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

I'm glad with these updates. Yeah i want artillery to be released today, but I don't underestimate the work that goes into programming this. As I said before, rather have artillery that works properly then artillery that bugs out half of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We'll probably create a progress report within too long as it has been close to a month as you point out.

Artillery was first previewed on the 17th of September, 2019 (the anniversary of Antietam). The development is progressing although we realize that it may seem as though it isn't from the outside (which is why a progress update every month is a good call). While Mike, our programmer, continues to work on getting rid of the release blockers (a few are likely to have been fixed since the last progress report) other team members are able to work on other things that otherwise wouldn't have made their way into the initial artillery release. We'll go into detail with some of those in the progress report itself.

- Trusty
    I understand that you are not able to give a timetable on anything. However I am wondering if 200 man servers are in the works. I have seen recently especially in events a lot of players are getting stuck out and I think having larger servers would really help. I appreciate all the good work you guys are doing and I cant wait to see the progress report.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco8x25 View Post
    I understand that you are not able to give a timetable on anything. However I am wondering if 200 man servers are in the works. I have seen recently especially in events a lot of players are getting stuck out and I think having larger servers would really help. I appreciate all the good work you guys are doing and I cant wait to see the progress report.
    The next scheduled test for 200 man servers was told to be after the Artillery update as we have tested it quite thoroughly in the past with just infantry.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    There is always the possibility that we might not see Artillery until September or later. As such, I wouldn't get too excited about the prospect of 200 player servers any time soon. Best to temper your expectations.
    Would not be surprised if we get artillery on the anniversary of the battle.

USA General of the Army

So where is this update we were supposed to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    So where is this update we were supposed to get?
    Apologies for not getting it out there yet. We're making excellent progress at the moment and so the public test may be just around the corner. We'll get one out if it, within the next week or so, turns out that it isn't as close as we currently think it is.

- Trusty

Apologies for not getting it out there yet. We're making excellent progress at the moment and so the public test may be just around the corner. We'll get one out if it, within the next week or so, turns out that it isn't as close as we currently think it is.

- Trusty
    BOOM! This is fantastic. Really looking forward to the public testing!
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by PAIOLETTI View Post
    BOOM! This is fantastic. Really looking forward to the public testing!
    I guess you are "DOING SEXY" Paioletti...

IX Corps Sends it's regards...

RhettVito

- Trusty
    Hope that's the case it's been a long wait.I'm going to love destroying units with artillery not to forget counter-battery fire is going to be cool!