Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug Fixes Are Needed!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Bug Fixes Are Needed!

Artillery is taking a long time so it would be nice if these bugs were fixed to make this game more enjoyable. If anyone else has bug fixes that aren't listed here, please post them below.

General Bugs:
    -Random player freezes, at random moments throughout the game your player will freeze in place unable to move. The game does not freeze, you hear and can see everyone else like normal, but you are unable to move or look around. It's speculated this happens because too many people are talking at once, that's why it happens most often during a charge, but that's just a theory.

Picket Patrol:
    -Scoreboard bugged, it does not show an accurate count of players on each team. Just recently, we had balancing issues because on the scoreboard it showed 51 to 48 but in reality one team was down by 20 players.
    -Restart bug, this happens every time we play Picket Patrol, after the end of a round there is a high chance the game will just keep restarting the round. Eventually after 4 or more restarts the game will go back to normal.
    -Bush Crash, two people in my regiment ran through the same bush on a picket patrol map and they both crashed at the same time. Don't know where this bush is, but you should look into that.

Skirmish:
    -Counter-Attack Mechanic, if the defenders are on last stand and their entire team was wiped out except for a few stragglers, all they have to do is get their last 3-4 people on point and they will win, even if the attackers have their entire team on point about to finish the cap. CG says that since the attackers have more men on point they would win, but that is not the case.

USA Brigadier General

-Bush Crash, two people in my regiment ran through the same bush on a picket patrol map and they both crashed at the same time. Don't know where this bush is, but you should look into that.

this is also the case on Hills (counter-)attack/(counter-) charge (dont know the exact name atm ^^ )

on top of the small hill. if you get to close a lot of people crashes
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Bush crash happened again on picket patrol today, one of our guys recorded it.

CSA Captain

These crashes on bushes somehow seem to become more and more frequent. About a month ago, our unit knew about that one bush up on the wooden hill on Hill`s Counterattack. It became than more bushes in the game where you might get your game freeze and then also numerous bushes on drill camp.

Yesterday saw a peak of that bug on Pry Grist Mill, where a lot our members experienced multiple times these kind of game crash. (I get the feeling its not about which map, it seems to be a general problem)

But well yes, if you ask me, this is a game breaker!

Thank you for the reports!

We’ve been trying to replicate the bush issue for the past day or so and have been unable to do so at the time of writing this.

It’s a super odd one as there’s absolutely nothing special about the bush model what so ever. We’ll try to re-export it for the next build and see if that fixes it.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you for the reports!

We’ve been trying to replicate the bush issue for the past day or so and have been unable to do so at the time of writing this.

It’s a super odd one as there’s absolutely nothing special about the bush model what so ever. We’ll try to re-export it for the next build and see if that fixes it.

- Trusty
    What about the freeze bug? Can you address that, please?

Any news on the bush and freeze issues?
    Last edited by Andrew Barbosa; 07-11-2020 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Barbosa View Post
    Any news on the bush and freeze issues?
    The artillery update includes a possible bush proxy fix.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Feel free to PM me, and we might have a travel to the most grim bushes around

Yeah really if you like we might do so. Unfortunately I have to admit, that it is not a 100%er if you walk into the bushes and you freeze but there are some where I would definately think we could get that result.

Other than that we will have our guys informed to send bug reports via the official channel concerning this in particular.

Hope developement goes fine though! Cheers lads!

Really silly thing, but on the Drill maps I've noticed the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. Since I don't often look into the sky during matches I haven't noticed if this happens on other maps, but it definitely does on the Drill Camps.