Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: Sad News From Richmond, Virginia

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    270

    Sad News From Richmond, Virginia

    Ladies and gentlemen it is with great sorrow and a heavy heart that I must tell you all that rioters in Richmond, Virginia on the night of May 28th 2020 set fire to the United Daughters of the Confederacy Headquarters there in Richmond.

    Hundreds of rare books, manuscripts, letters, journals and other documents were lost to the flames set by cowards in the night.

    But it is with deeper sorrow I must inform you all that among the lost artifacts was an original Confedetate battle flag carried though the war of 1861-1865...

    It was made by the ladies of Beverly, home of Co. F, and presented to the 31st Virginia Infantry Regiment on May 5th1862, by General Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson.

    The flag was in all of his battles except for Chancellorsville.

    It was torn twice by shells, at Second Manassas and at Sharpsburg, where the color bearer, Sgt. "Al" Robinson was killed...


    And now it's gone forever...


    79094e9421455f3d929f6c15b5f7e745.jpg

  2. #2
    It is a sad state of affairs we find our nation in. It’s heartbreaking to see a battle flag destroyed, after surviving numerous battles it meets its demise at the hands of cowards.


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    It is a sad state of affairs we find our nation in. Itís heartbreaking to see a battle flag destroyed, after surviving numerous battles it meets its demise at the hands of cowards.
    It is sad. It is an irreplaceable artifact of American history,.

    Also sad is a man suffocated to death while begging for help from his deceased mother. Sadness all around.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpytoo View Post
    It is sad. It is an irreplaceable artifact of American history,.

    Also sad is a man suffocated to death while begging for help from his deceased mother. Sadness all around.
    Yes because that has everything to do with destroying history. Please don’t make excuses for lawbreakers, it’s terrible what happened to Mr.Floyd but this destruction has nothing to do with him. This is nothing more than politically driven opportunists taking advantage of chaos to get away committing crime.


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Yes because that has everything to do with destroying history. Please don’t make excuses for lawbreakers, it’s terrible what happened to Mr.Floyd but this destruction has nothing to do with him. This is nothing more than politically driven opportunists taking advantage of chaos to get away committing crime.
    Unfortunately this is only the beginning of the damage assessment as the daughters are not allowed inside yet.

    The building still stands.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Yes because that has everything to do with destroying history. Please don’t make excuses for lawbreakers, it’s terrible what happened to Mr.Floyd but this destruction has nothing to do with him. This is nothing more than politically driven opportunists taking advantage of chaos to get away committing crime.
    Not one iota of my post made excuses for the looters. Please do not purposely misrepresent my post or assume anything about my intentions by it.

    And to say the looters, vandals, cowards and thugs that they certainly are, have nothing to do with his murder is blindness.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    270
    I've just received word that several original uniforms were lost as well...

  8. #8

    CSA Major


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    38
    Another sad day for Richmond, as the democratic governor, announced plans to seek the removal of a statue of Gen. Robert E. Lee, as well as other Confederate monuments along Monument Avenue, which include statues of Confederate President Jefferson Davis and Confederate Gens. Stonewall Jackson and J.E.B. Stuart.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedDNA View Post
    Another sad day for Richmond, as the democratic governor, announced plans to seek the removal of a statue of Gen. Robert E. Lee, as well as other Confederate monuments along Monument Avenue, which include statues of Confederate President Jefferson Davis and Confederate Gens. Stonewall Jackson and J.E.B. Stuart.

    Not sad at all.

    If they just put accurate plaques on the statues explaining that this person "fought with his life for the right to treat human beings worse than barnyard animals" it would depict an accuracy that a statue itself doesn't represent. Barring that, take em off public property.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Yes because that has everything to do with destroying history. Please donít make excuses for lawbreakers, itís terrible what happened to Mr.Floyd but this destruction has nothing to do with him. This is nothing more than politically driven opportunists taking advantage of chaos to get away committing crime.
    Everything, every human act, is politics in a way. The murder of Floyd is politics. So if you say these "opportunists" are "politically driven", you can't unlink their acts from the crime that triggered all this chaos. If you think it's just "ordinary crime", then you can't link it with some ideas I presume you don't like. You can't have it all so it fixes exactly with your political views.

    The destruction of these precious objects is a very sad and unjustifiable thing. A human life is way more precious than a thousand flags.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •