Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why so much hate?

Why so much hate?

I like this game and its community, but I hate the fact that I can't greet a french speaking friend in french without being asked to shut up or being called names. Things like saying " Salut comment ça va ?" (Hello how are you?" or "ça fait longtemps! " (long time no see!) are enough to trigger a lot of guys.

It's like we can't even talk. What if it was the other way around?

"YeAH BuT It'S aN AcW GaMe So ShUt Up", answers the dense guy.

I understand that a large majority of players don't speak nor understand french, but please, just get over it. French speaking players make the effort to understand and speak your language. They also bolster your ranks.

It's not like we are talking shit about you in french. We'd rather say it in english.

à bon entendeur, salut.
    Last edited by LeFuret; 06-09-2020 at 04:12 PM.
    siiiiiip, yup.

Thank you rbsmith7. I wish there were more guys like you on the fields.
    siiiiiip, yup.

USA Captain

Also, not the community as a whole you are bashing.

You missed my point I'm afraid :/

Sorry if you felt that I was "bashing" the whole community. The people concerned by this post will recognize themselves.
    Last edited by LeFuret; 06-09-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    siiiiiip, yup.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Also, with regard to the "French Detachment", it is recorded that many times during the height of battle this gun crew could be singing La Marseillaise.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LeFuret View Post
    You missed my point I'm afraid :/

Sorry if you felt that I was "bashing" the whole community. The people concerned by this post will recognize themselves.
    No, I did not miss it. The generalizations don't help.

I like this game and its community, but I hate the fact that I can't greet a french speaking friend in french without being asked to shut up or being called names. Things like saying " Salut comment ça va ?" (Hello how are you?" or "ça fait longtemps! " (long time no see!) are enough to trigger a lot of guys.

I understand that a large majority of players don't speak nor understand french, but please, just get over it. French speaking players make the effort to understand and speak your language. They also bolster your ranks.

It's not like we are talking shit about you in french. We'd rather say it in english.

à bon entendeur, salut.
    Some of my favorite moments in the game involve playing the European events. Listening to regiments march by talking in different languages is pretty cool. And I can't understand a word. I have no idea what limp noodle gets triggered by hearing non-english. If people don't like to hear someone speak French, that would just encourage me to speak even more french. If I could speak french.

USA Brigadier General

à bon entendeur, salut.
    it is not the whole community but in public matches you will find a lot of idiots who say something like that. personally i was called a Nazi and i should leave this game since it is "their" war and I should play a WW2 game.

But I learned something from him: Germans were not the biggest minority who fought in the war. it is fake news... *facepalm*

just ignore the idiots. I like our European events. it is always very funny when Spanish, french, Germans, Czechs and a lot more speaking in their own language while the COs try to speak English
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

The dev and admins do allow for racism. It is something I disagree on and makes me discouraged from even playing the game. I was hoping there would be an autoban feature (i.e. similar to when someone does too much damage to teammate). Me being called a nigger (and I have the screenshot to prove it) is not pleasant. I know we're not suppose to "tattle-tale" each other but the racism is far too much. People say, "It's the civil war. We can say that!". I feel that it is NEVER appropriate to show your ignorance and bigotry.

What are the devs doing about the racism? Or do they share in the same opinions as others in the Confederacy (that it's "normal" to say)?

Quote Originally Posted by ONeal View Post
    The dev and admins do allow for racism. It is something I disagree on and makes me discouraged from even playing the game. I was hoping there would be an autoban feature (i.e. similar to when someone does too much damage to teammate). Me being called a nigger (and I have the screenshot to prove it) is not pleasant. I know we're not suppose to "tattle-tale" each other but the racism is far too much. People say, "It's the civil war. We can say that!". I feel that it is NEVER appropriate to show your ignorance and bigotry.

What are the devs doing about the racism? Or do they share in the same opinions as others in the Confederacy (that it's "normal" to say)?
    Lack of admin activity on public servers and admin tools not being very refined makes racism and shitposting in the chat a pain in the ass sometimes. This game really could do with some more intuitive tools to deal with these people.