Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Test: Artillery - Now Open!

USA General of the Army

There's two major things that need to be dealt with. One is the sliding issue with cannons, they are still barely moving after you let go and if you grab them again they bounce everywhere. Same thing with limbers, I literally had a limber sling me back 10 feet when i walked up to it to grab a round, no one on it and it wasn't moving.

Second, the UI at the rear of the gun in a pain in the ass. Trying to pick prime or elevate requires you to almost have to look out of the corner of your eye at what you want and if you move a fraction of an inch you still select the wrong one. Same thing on ammo, I've looked at a shell round, barely touched my mouse and grabbed case.

I've definitely been in a situation where it was important to be able to quickly prime the gun and fire, but accidentally went to the elevation screw instead.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.

We just released another update for the artillery test. One of the changes in this update is that artillery rounds should be much easier to grab from the limber.

Can we have a way to drop or put rounds we selected back?

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Can we have a way to drop or put rounds we selected back?
    Yes. That is on our todo list.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Yes. That is on our todo list.

- Trusty

I See How This Artillery Goes Just Like The 200 Man Servers. Introduced Then Never Comes Back. You Dev's Need To Step Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I See How This Artillery Goes Just Like The 200 Man Servers. Introduced Then Never Comes Back. You Dev's Need To Step Up!
    It’s comments like these that really highlight the need for a dedicated test group (perhaps even behind NDA’s) over openly testing things where a consumer mentality is just as likely to prevail as a tester mentality. We’ve made some good observations during the public test branch phase which will likely come in use in the future, the above being one of them.

- Trusty

USA Captain

I honestly think it would be more beneficial to the game and community to go ahead and release the content as an update. Almost no one is playing the test server and everyone I have talked to says it is more of a pain to have to re download the test, and especially people in units that have events and whatnot right after. So I can fairly say I speak for most that the test is fairly stable and I especially, wish to see the content added to the game or see the test made into a different game with one download.