Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Test: Artillery - Now Open!

Public Test: Artillery - Now Open!

Hello everyone.

Today, we’re extremely happy to be able to invite every owner of War of Rights to partake in the public test branch of the long awaited artillery update!

In order to partake, all you have to do is right click War of Rights in your Steam library, head into its properties and locate the “betas” tab. There you will be able to select the public test branch from the dropdown menu.

Please note that you will not be able to play on the live game servers nor be able to see them in the server browser until you opt out of the public test branch again.

The artillery update consists of many months of work - it is by far our biggest update to date. No mass testing has yet been done (this is why we need you guys!). As such, a large number of issues should be expected when partaking in the public test: incomplete features, client crashes, server crashes, skewed team balance, visual issues to name but a few. The public test server is also not guaranteed to be online 24/7 during the testing period.

There is currently no end date to the public test. This will depend entirely on how the test goes. We expect to cycle to different battlefields & drill camps throughout the testing period.

The artillery update is featuring more additions and changes than just the introduction of the artillery branch: Major overhauls to all of the forests in the game, reworked lighting, most materials of the game reworked, overhauled town assets, updated animations, etc.

A complete changelog (or as complete as we can muster, we are bound to miss a lot of things given the scope of the update) will be posted when the artillery update is released onto the live build of the game.

Known artillery issues

1) It is currently impossible to stow a round in the limber chest if you have picked one up. We’ve decided to go with a stow feature instead of a drop feature as the latter will be highly trollable.

2) The rounds inside a limber chest are currently invisible in the first skirmish area you join. They will come back into view once you interact with them or when the next skirmish area starts.

3) The rounds inside a limber chest currently have a chance of appearing as if they are shaking.

4) The cannons and limbers feature rather basic collision meshes currently. This can result in some interesting results.

That’s all for now. We can’t wait to partake in the very first public artillery test with you all!

RhettVito
    its alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Well, sort of, it's alive in the test build only.

Oh my God! It's happening!

Requesting permission to go 'squee' in a really loud exciting and totally embarrassing way? before waiting 3+ hours for my 'super fast fibre' to download it....
    Coke's battery, The Williamsburg Light Artillery, 1st Virginia Artillery Regiment

Congrats! Glad we are seeing progress finally, though I can't even load in I just CTD every time while trying to load into the test server.

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Congrats! Glad we are seeing progress finally, though I can't even load in I just CTD every time while trying to load into the test server.
    Thank you for the report - we've verified the issue and are investigating it.

- Trusty

CSA Major

I can't opt in. I get all the way to the splash screen where textures load, then CTD. Game is still running collapsed. But will not open.

I7 9700 paired with a 2080RTX, 16 gig ram.

Awesome news on arty. I have been watching Cody's stream, looks awesome.
    Last edited by TwistedDNA; 06-17-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you for the report - we've verified the issue and are investigating it.

- Trusty

Thanks I finally did get in after doing a reinstall but getting very low FPS maybe 10-15 on very high and same on low settings.

I7-7770K
    RTX 2080 Super
    32gb DDR4 3200 Ram

I mean it's a test so I expect there to be issues just to want to report if it helps you guys

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Oh my god this is cancer...

Why would you put the beta onto a (single, why not multiple drill camps) skirmish server if you intended to actually test the artillery and not create a giant cluster fuck...

This game has been screwed for a year or so now, this just reinforces the idea that WoR is pure shit, nothing like we were promised.

Remove my comment Trusty, idc, you've lost a large portion of the community that won't come back...

CSheffield
    "Captain Fork"

-Farbs must be destroyed