Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: passwords

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I dont think all you people that are against passwords hate passwords. You just dont like playing with the mindless hordes of pubs who are on the public servers and you use the passwords as a scapegoat. During the NA/EU prime time, there is at least two relatively full servers that you can get on at anytime, and room is made when the regimental guys leave to join the server their regiment is going to. You would rather play with regiments who actually know how to play this game rather than the mass of pubs who might be brand new. You just dont like passwords because they inhibit you from playing with the competent players. It is not hard to get into these passworded servers, just join a regiment, or ask. But you will not because you feel proud to be independent and you wear it like a badge of honor. This is totally fine but then yall go on the forums and complain about how you cant get into locked servers. Literally every group is recruiting and would allow you into their regiment but I see why you havent joined any group yet, you complain all the time on the forums and many people dont want you and your entitlement bs. Your problems can be easily resolved but you refuse to because you want to feel special.
    The nice thing about joining a Regiment, besides (almost) guaranteed you will get into a scheduled match, is you can also play on public servers. You don't have to choose one or the other. So you really lose nothing joining a Regiment, and can gain so much.

CSA Captain

Saris, apologies for the earlier " harsh " words but, I feel I am competent enough to play with any damn one, that definitely includes yourself, apologies again. Take your entitlement BS accusations and shove it buddy. I did belong to a unit. There were 3-4 locked games last night and there wasnt nothing happening at other servers. Feel special huh?, not that, I just dont wanna be a part of a cliche that thinks they are.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    Saris, apologies for the earlier " harsh " words but, I feel I am competent enough to play with any damn one, that definitely includes yourself, apologies again. Take your entitlement BS accusations and shove it buddy. I did belong to a unit. There were 3-4 locked games last night and there wasnt nothing happening at other servers. Feel special huh?, not that, I just dont wanna be a part of a cliche that thinks they are.
    I'll shove it in a passworded server
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    Those 3-4 locked games you’re referring to were all pre-planned matches between regiments. The only reason they were password protected is a need to control who gets in so everyone is guaranteed a spot. Nine times out of ten, if it’s not full after the initial muster, the password is removed and anyone can join. It’s less about being exclusionary than it is coordinating the makeup of the groups.

Another point I’d like to make, at least in 1st Texas’ case, is we pay for that server out of pocket as a group. If you feel that strongly about it, you’re free to rent your own server where you can let in whomever you want.

CSA Captain

Literally every group is recruiting and would allow you into their regiment but I see why you havent joined any group yet, you complain all the time on the forums and many people dont want you and your entitlement bs. Your problems can be easily resolved but you refuse to because you want to feel special.
    Personally I dont have that much time and I spent 5 years in a semi-profesional clan, so I get the idea on how effort that is....also "join a regiment" can't be the full answer. I simply ignore the feeling special part, I am just a regular player and not a special regiment member

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Personally I dont have that much time and I spent 5 years in a semi-profesional clan, so I get the idea on how effort that is....also "join a regiment" can't be the full answer. I simply ignore the feeling special part, I am just a regular player and not a special regiment member
    That’s directed towards those who complain about not being able to join locked servers. If youre fine with playing 100% public, that’s your choice and that’s fine. Not everybody wants to join a group, but those who want to join locked servers and refuse to join a group that attends are just shooting themselves in the foot.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    That’s directed towards those who complain about not being able to join locked servers. If youre fine with playing 100% public, that’s your choice and that’s fine. Not everybody wants to join a group, but those who want to join locked servers and refuse to join a group that attends are just shooting themselves in the foot.
    Every event our regiments have are opened up to the public after everyone in the participating regiments get in first. Lately, with the large influx of players returning and new players there has not been much room for public players.

Servers cost over $1,000 a year to rent. All our members chip in to pay for that so goddamn right we'll put a password on a server if we want. Passwords are one of the best things the devs added to the game, and I was leery of them at first.

I'm not sure what people envision when they think of joining a Regiment. It's not like drilling daily for hours, or people yelling at you. There's no latrine duty. It doesn't take up any extra time at all actually, depending on the Regiment you join.

You can join a regiment and play on passworded events AND still play in public events. I guess I don't understand the problem.

Clans in a game like this are social groups for events. Peel back the banana administrations and take a gander. So there's no real-time commitment, of course, why the hell would there be? It's about control. I'm not too proud, I'm just not inclined to tie myself to random idiots who may or may not deserve respect at any given time.

It was no different in my last community. And you know what happened when the community organized by your's truly and it was pubs vs 'units?' The units were crushed. Every. Time. They were paper dragons. Nobody truly needed them or wanted them because what they were yearning for was just being funneled through the clan experience. Only a few small non-realism units were around after a year of that. It's kind of freaking hard to exist in that business when you get humiliated time and time again and people can freely go to events and have a good time without requiring membership. People were just too lazy before that to organize and to run proper events and the darn games keep getting made so as to necessitate events to everyone's downfall.

Hence the slew of standard introductions for noobs in this game and on these forums and on steam to just 'join a [clan]' because it's necessary to play the game properly and it's 'not really that big of a deal' to do so in the first place. I'm not anti-clan. I'm not a clan supremacist and you people get so confused like a duck hit on the head when someone challenges the idea that this is not a normal or healthy state of affairs for the community to exist in.

I promise you I will do the same to all these units. I will sit on you. Screenshot it, share it with your buddies, have a laugh, rest back on your loins. I will make it my business to break the clan monopoly on fun in this game.

If the devs could only do us a damn favor and either work on public gameplay to make it organically flow better or just embrace it being an event-driven experience. This limbo we're in is completely detrimental. How the hell are you going to run an event right now if the host can edit starting morale values and it not be transparent? How are you going to have crashes and server kicks that are indiscernible from one another? Heaven forbid we can put announcements in the center of the screen because it breaks immersion. You have to come with your own army to do basic things with a reasonable expectation of success and the clans are naturally vehemently opposed to many such improvements because they are what they are.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 07-07-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    It probably helps if you're a developer
    I have played passworded events with 1st Georgia, 1st Texas, 9th Georgia Cav, and 9th NY prior to becoming a developer (I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple, sorry). It really is just as simple as asking nicely to join the server somewhat before the event goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    I have played passworded events with 1st Georgia, 1st Texas, 9th Georgia Cav, and 9th NY prior to becoming a developer (I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple, sorry). It really is just as simple as asking nicely to join the server somewhat before the event goes live.
    It's not really that big of a deal. It's easy to join one and it's easy to still play on public servers. I suspect private servers will be here forever regardless of weird threats to sit on them.