Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "invisible" glitch - Reproduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry The "invisible" glitch - Reproduction

Evening, all.
    As most are aware, there has been a game-breaking "bug" going around where seemingly invisible players (bad actors) would be able to shoot and stab players, all without being detected.

I contacted their email multiple times, first time being many months ago via their bug report section on-site. No response came, so I followed up again a week ago; to which I have yet to receive a response.

I do realize the team is incredibly busy, but this appears to be the only way to get their attention.

HOW TO REPRODUCE INVISIBLE "GLITCH":

-SNIP

Again, I realize bad apples on the forum will exploit this, but I am tired of watching more and more people exploit this glitch with no response by devs. I hope that this will push them to patch this game-ruining bug soon.

-GB
    Last edited by Leifr; 07-17-2020 at 10:42 AM.

I have never noticed this glitch before, but if it works as you say, then this should be one of the top priorities for the dev team.

CSA Major

Morning.
    I have copied your post and directly forwarded it on to TrustyJam and FancySweetroll. I trust you will understand my editing of your post, hopefully this error can be fixed up sharpish for the enjoyment of all.

Warmest regards.

I understand, thanks for forwarding it.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Morning.
    I have copied your post and directly forwarded it on to TrustyJam and FancySweetroll. I trust you will understand my editing of your post, hopefully this error can be fixed up sharpish for the enjoyment of all.

Warmest regards.
    I have a mighty need to stand behind a yank line and sing...

Any updates on their end, or at least notification they are aware of it?

Happened again tonight, this is getting quite annoying. I would like to at least get an update from the devs that they are aware of it.

Thumbs up

Still waiting for a response.
    Love the engagement from the devs in their own bug reports.

Thanks for the report.

There's no invisible glitch known in the game.

The method you described (which was removed and later sent to the dev team by Leifr) was fixed several months ago.

What you are describing is likely the effect of "ghost stabbing" upon respawning. This has a very small chance of happening and we're still investigating its cause (it's not tied to your posted exploit) - it is much more likely to be tied to a rare issue causing a delayed update of your character's position upon spawning in, causing your character to be appearing as standing still, seemingly afk, at your corpse position for up to 10 or 20 seconds, which then enables enemies to stab "you", causing you to die in your spawn area. This matches with reports of players of being "ghost stabbed" on respawn after they've performed a melee charge (which would put their corpse position in close proximity to the enemies).

It is extremely hard to replicate reliably and so the above theory of why it sometime happens is only that, a theory but it is on our list of well known bugs.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thanks for the report.
    What you are describing is likely the effect of "ghost stabbing" upon respawning. This has a very small chance of happening and we're still investigating its cause (it's not tied to your posted exploit) - it is much more likely to be tied to a rare issue causing a delayed update of your character's position upon spawning in, causing your character to be appearing as standing still, seemingly afk, at your corpse position for up to 10 or 20 seconds, which then enables enemies to stab "you", causing you to die in your spawn area. This matches with reports of players of being "ghost stabbed" on respawn after they've performed a melee charge (which would put their corpse position in close proximity to the enemies).

- Trusty
    A proper workaround is to step away from the spawnpoint after respawning. This seems to update your character's position.