Thread: Map borders and Artillery

USA Brigadier General

Map borders and Artillery

hello guys

I am pleased that the artillery has expanded the tactical depth of the game. But it would be even deeper if you would look at the mapborders on some maps again. I think it is a pity that on some maps you are not able to take out the artillery at least temporarily by infantry. For example pry ford. As CSA it is not possible to charge the union battery. 20 meters before the battery the map ends. unfortunately this does not offer the tactical depth that is possible.

because it is not possible to silence the artillery by occupying the point and killing the crew.

because it is not possible to silence the artillery by occupying the point and killing the crew, the chance is missed to get the infantry and artillery to better coordinate with each other. The infantry should now also protect them and make sure that they are not overrun.

I understand that the borders are there to prevent rambos on public servers from rushing into the battery but it would be very nice if they could be deativated as a server option.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    hello guys

I am pleased that the artillery has expanded the tactical depth of the game. But it would be even deeper if you would look at the mapborders on some maps again. I think it is a pity that on some maps you are not able to take out the artillery at least temporarily by infantry. For example pry ford. As CSA it is not possible to charge the union battery. 20 meters before the battery the map ends. unfortunately this does not offer the tactical depth that is possible.

because it is not possible to silence the artillery by occupying the point and killing the crew.

because it is not possible to silence the artillery by occupying the point and killing the crew, the chance is missed to get the infantry and artillery to better coordinate with each other. The infantry should now also protect them and make sure that they are not overrun.

I understand that the borders are there to prevent rambos on public servers from rushing into the battery but it would be very nice if they could be deativated as a server option.
    Agree with the above reasoning and would add that now that artillery is here the map areas feel even smaller if you’re infantry trying find a tactical advantage. A server option to further expand the borders would go a long way to make skirmish battles more dynamic and engaging.

Thank you for the feedback.

I can for sure take a 2nd look at some of the boundaries (I already did so when I set up the arty batteries on the skirmish areas).

The reason you can’t get to the CSA guns on Pry Ford is due to you being able to spawn camp the infantry spawns there.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you for the feedback.

I can for sure take a 2nd look at some of the boundaries (I already did so when I set up the arty batteries on the skirmish areas).

The reason you can’t get to the CSA guns on Pry Ford is due to you being able to spawn camp the infantry spawns there.

- Trusty
    sorry i wanted to charge the US battery ^^

but yes thats a problem that the CS spawn is so close to the battery. if the US battery fires at the CS battery there can land some Granates in the spawn area.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    sorry i wanted to charge the US battery ^^

but yes thats a problem that the CS spawn is so close to the battery. if the US battery fires at the CS battery there can land some Granates in the spawn area.
    Oh right, sorry for getting them mixed up.

We kept both batteries in the safe zone in order to make up for a more balanced map.

- Trusty