Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Game Feels More Chaotic Than Ever

Public Game Feels More Chaotic Than Ever

I’m seeing more people on servers now artillery is in but less organization and discipline compared to a year or so ago. Back then people for the most part tried to play properly on public servers.

But now the VOiP is full of banter and there is no leadership, structure or direction. The public server was never this bad when WoR first went live.

Is it just me?
    Last edited by Quaker; 07-26-2020 at 04:50 PM.

It varies by quite a degree. Most if not every round of my 10 hours of playtesting yesterday was excellent with great leadership and soldiers willing to play the team game. I've also taken part in complete shitshows during other playtest sessions, however.

The game has seen the biggest influx of new players since we released on Early Access so I would expect that having something to do with the latter (if their rate is indeed increased). In time, they will adapt. One has to keep in mind that WoR is pretty unique in regards to what is expected from a player that is quite possibly used to the norms of first person shooters in general.

- Trusty

Yes its great to see the numbers. I hope established players can step-up and encourage new players to play properly. If we get a critical mass going then people will hopefully fall into line (pardon the pun) and the public game will be a more consistent experience.

USA Major

I suspect the password protected servers are drawing off most of the experienced players leaving the public servers to hit or miss leadership. I hope the public servers do get better organized since I primarily play there because I don't like scheduled games.
    Lightfoot

My experience has been hit or miss in the pub matches. I've been able to meet a lot of new players who are like-minded in their love of the Civil War and their enthusiasm for this game and its development. And I have also been confronted by a few arrogant kids who might have ten hours in the game and a Cpl's rank and so they think they know the game better than I do.

Having experienced this with other games, now is the time to fight for the soul of the community, and veterans are who need to do it, really. Like Lightfoot points out, the veterans will want to, instead of setting the tone and culture for newcomers, retreat to company passworded servers, and that can honestly lead to the toxic demise of a community quicker than you might think. Im glad we are talking about it.

The game still has one key issue if a unit flag is down/inactive or hasn’t been spawned etc. Often in non-peak times we don’t have a flag.

There’s no way for spawning soldiers at the main deployment to know where the unit is meant to head to and gather. Some run off, some join the wrong unit and others hang around the main spawn.

This is especially a problem with the public game where you’ve always got a degree of chaos, and an inactive flag exacerbates it.

So often we end up with mixed confused units and players asking “where do we go?” A newly spawned flag-bearer himself often has no idea! It still feels like the real battle is maintaining cohesion through work-arounds and not shooting Rebs. :-)

I’m thinking we rely on the flag too much, and maybe we need to give the Officer a simple tool to plot a mustering point on the underused Map we have? Or if the flag is down the Officer, whether he is dead or alive can plot the regiment icon on his map and that icon appears in-game so everyone knows where to go?

It would help facilitate better gameplay. The public game in particular really needs some more tools. We’re close but still not there yet.
    Last edited by Quaker; 08-03-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
    The game still has one key issue if a unit flag is down/inactive or hasn’t been spawned etc. Often in non-peak times we don’t have a flag.

There’s no way for spawning soldiers at the main deployment to know where the unit is meant to head to and gather. Some run off, some join the wrong unit and others hang around the main spawn.

This is especially a problem with the public game where you’ve always got a degree of chaos, and an inactive flag exacerbates it.

So often we end up with mixed confused units and players asking “where do we go?”

I’m thinking we rely on the flag too much, and maybe we need to give the Officer a simple tool to plot a mustering point on the underused Map we have? Or if the flag is down the Officer, whether he is dead or alive can plot the regiment icon on his map and that icon appears in-game so everyone knows where to go?

It would help facilitate better gameplay. The public game in particular really needs some more tools. We’re close but still not there yet.
    You can press T to see the markers of your NCO's provided they are in formation and use that as a reference point in order to locate your line again.

The flag is currently bugged (we're working on locating the issue) where it has a high percentage chance of despawning instantly upon being dropped. This means less uptime for the flag currently than intended.

- Trusty

It seems random sometimes. One match they play well, the next not...

I just want to be able to be in meele mode while being crouched again...