Thread: Public Game Feels More Chaotic Than Ever

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It varies by quite a degree. Most if not every round of my 10 hours of playtesting yesterday was excellent with great leadership and soldiers willing to play the team game. I've also taken part in complete shitshows during other playtest sessions, however.

The game has seen the biggest influx of new players since we released on Early Access so I would expect that having something to do with the latter (if their rate is indeed increased). In time, they will adapt. One has to keep in mind that WoR is pretty unique in regards to what is expected from a player that is quite possibly used to the norms of first person shooters in general.

- Trusty

It seems random sometimes. One match they play well, the next not...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy-Jim-Bob-Jr View Post
    It seems random sometimes. One match they play well, the next not...
    Yes its random, but way too often it is chaotic.

I think WoR is at the point where we should acknowledge we have two distinctive game types - the private server Game comprised of regiments who can navigate a lot of the game limitations due to better communication because they’re all on Discord and train together, and the Public game which IMO is still very rudimentary and lacking in direction.

There’s so many features, tools and QOL things that could and should be added to enhance public gameplay. Done properly they wouldn’t detract from it’s authentic feel.

I get the vibe CG see the core foundations of the game as in place and the public game will always be a bit of a basket case and will have to do the best it can - understandable I guess since most of the backers are into the private regiment scene.

CSA Captain

I'm not quite sure what you're expecting, it's par for the course that public servers (I can't think of one good example) are shody at best, in general. As already stated, WoR lacks even the rudimentary features to get organized so here, more so than usual, chaos often ensues. I've said before I've always thought that CG made a big mistake locking this game into first person because it's a game that depends heavily on being organized....line formations would be so much easier in third person. Like Quaker says, until tools are added to make getting organized easier I really can't see public play improving.
    Last edited by Sox; 08-07-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.