Thread: War of Rights needs changes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CSA Captain

War of Rights needs changes.

War of Rights desperately needs something new and fresh, skirmishes are mundane, artillery didnt change much or if any, picket patrol is not random, and Harpers Ferry is useless.

Skirmishes really need to be reworked, updated, or completely scrap. The same attack/defense has been worn down completely and theres nothing new or exciting to it anymore. Because of this, this game barely retains the few players it gets when it goes on sale. This has been said before and I will say it again, change how capping works or get rid of it. Most maps that are playable were never 100% one side attacking and the other side defending. The places where yall chose to place the cap is outright retarded. Most maps we have were fought in a seesaw action with both sides attacking and defending. The prime example of this is Miller's Cornfield which both sides attacked, it was never Union holding some random piece in the corn and waiting for the confederates to attack them. If you want to go down the path of reworking some maps to make them more dynamic, here are some tips:

Completely scrap attacker/defender dynamic (or keep it for the few maps that should have the dynamic), make the point a neutral location with both sides vying for it, equal morale, open up the maps to allow for flanking.

Maps that should be seesaw actions and should represent as both sides being the attacker and nobody as defender:

Antietam:
    Hooker's Push
    Hagerstown Turnpike
    Miller's Cornfield
    East Woods
    Pry Ford
    Pry Grist Mill
    West Woods
    Cooke's Countercharge
    Otto & Sherrick Farm
    Piper Farm
    Hill's Counterattack

South Mountain:
    Cox's Push
    Reno's fall

Picket Patrol: actually make it random

South Mountain needs more maps, like where is Crampton's Gap. Literally the only gap that the Union got control of which gave them access to the west side of the range, forced the Confederates back to Sharpsburg, and its not even in the game. South Mountain is perfect for the attacker/defender dynamic we have in place, Antietam is not.

If seesaw action is not the route yall want to go, scrap the capture point and let us just shoot each other without the need to take some useless piece of land.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

I agree with a lot of these. on some maps, a neatural cap point would help an insane amount to halp map balance. East Woods, West Woods, and Millers come to mind first as maps that could benefit from it. Crampons gap would also be so nice to add. the current map packs are starting to get very stale. Harpers Ferry escpecially needs some sort of revamp.
    2nd Lt. Szalai Mihaly, 1st New Jersey, Company A

Agree with Saris on this issue 100% , good with a neutral cap point or even team deathmatch mode where you just have no cap point, and equal tickets and expand on those borders a bit to give us some more freedom of movement. Artillery is awesome but one side effect is that the previously cramped maps are now even tighter. Coming at you here with positive vibes hoping you guys at least consider giving us some more gameplay options to increase the replayability of the game.

Will there ever be any other game mode/s? To be honest, I don't know how many of you guys have been playing the same battles again and again for years. Or maybe it's me that I get bored too quickly... A Campaign mode with strategic repercusions (one that isn't organized by players, with house rules, and needs to be played along with a different videogame, that is), or any other thing beyond one team attacking a point, one team defending the point, in the same maps, week after week after week. At least Campfire itself could organize tournaments or something to bring new life to the game, give it some visibility over the internet, attract new players, have some goal slightly more encouraging than "yay, we won today and absolutely nothing happens", etc.

However, to me the worst thing about the game is the horrendous melee system. If only the mechanics would encourage a different approach, and not charging and counterchanging over and over again...

Quote Originally Posted by A. Bravo View Post
    Will there ever be any other game mode/s? To be honest, I don't know how many of you guys have been playing the same battles again and again for years. Or maybe it's me that I get bored too quickly... A Campaign mode with strategic repercusions (one that isn't organized by players, with house rules, and needs to be played along with a different videogame, that is), or any other thing beyond one team attacking a point, one team defending the point, in the same maps, week after week after week. At least Campfire itself could organize tournaments or something to bring new life to the game, give it some visibility over the internet, attract new players, have some goal slightly more encouraging than "yay, we won today and absolutely nothing happens", etc.

However, to me the worst thing about the game is the horrendous melee system. If only the mechanics would encourage a different approach, and not charging and counterchanging over and over again...
    Yes a lot of us have been playing the same maps for years and yes each battle feels meaningless in the grand scheme of things. If there was some sort of Campaign like Red Orchestra 2 that would be cool. At least it would give the team a sense of accomplishment. Yeah the melee is brutal but that’s the least of my worries but I can see that it’s an issue.