Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for dedicated Server

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Swingkid likes to play devil’s advocate when people make suggestions and you should be honored that Trusty even gave you a response usually he just ignores my suggestions.
    oof..
    last time: that wasn't an answer to the question but it doesn't matter now..
    So, as long as you are respectful of one another, why not answer questions?
    First, it's not my fault that he doesn't answer your questions
    and why should i feel honored? I am grateful that Trusty "answered" me
    Trusty is probably very busy
    But still, I am of the opinion that every developer / company should answer your customers questions or try that
    not always possible, of course, but well

But even here we digress from the topic...

Your question was answered... You just didn't like the answer. The answer was that they would stick with one provider and no self hosting throughout the alpha process.... The aforementioned process taking as long as it needs to. (There is no point in them quoting you a date to make you happy if they don't know if they can achieve that date.)

They did leave open the possibility of self hosting or other providers AFTER development is complete, as they have mentioned previously... Your question has been answered so please stop beating this "dead horse".....

I would like to emphasize that this is the last time I will explain why this is not an answer to my question
    this time I will respond to Lord Drax's answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    Your question was answered... You just didn't like the answer.
    Warning, my bad English is coming back:

it was answered why
    But I wanted a specific answer to when

and at the same time I said how it could have been done easily:
    Quote Originally Posted by FreestylerVI View Post
    it's actually easy as I have already written "just say that you don't want to make a statement because then you would commit yourself"
    and that's OK

I was told it was in Early Access and explained why and additionally this was sent to me

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Hello,

From the game's Steam store page:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“With more than 8 years in development (and having had crowdfunding backers & early access customers help us test the game and develop its mechanics in the some 170 alpha updates released over the past few years) we have chosen a methodical update release schedule. We are dedicated to bringing as many details and features into this game as possible as long as we have the support to do so. There is no end goal for us and thus no set target for how long we plan for the game to be in Early Access.

It is entirely possible that we someday realize our vision has been fulfilled and we therefore have a set release target - but until then we will keep on expanding the scope of the game (and thus the time in Early Access).

We hope you will be part of that journey with us.”

- Trusty

I read from it:
    We have been working on the project for a long time and there is no telling when it will be finished -- and that is ok

and I realize that not every wish expressed can be granted as a game developer
    and everyone understood that

ok next
    The answer was that they would stick with one provider and no self hosting throughout the alpha process.... The aforementioned process taking as long as it needs to.
    As mentioned earlier, this explains why
    I wanted a specific answer to the question

The aforementioned process taking as long as it needs to.
    and probably because it still takes time and that's why I wanted a specific statement

and I already said why I wanted an answer

but short
    at the moment it is like that you have 2 providers for servers
    little disclaimer (I haven't found any more)
    and both have the same price performance
    Spoiler
    both are not cheap

My goal was to find out when that would change (I wanted dedicated server files)
    to say that it probably comes with the release is no answer sorry.
    to say that one day the game will be finished
    or
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    There is no end goal for us and thus no set target for how long we plan for the game to be in Early Access.
    is = no answer
    and what does that say?
    does it take 10 weeks or years?
    in case you can't say that
    then just say that

I have now answered the question myself but please stop saying that there is an answer (a specific answer) when obviously there is none.

maybe in the end I got something wrong but then I would have to be informed

see you on the battlefield & best regards
    Freestyler
    Last edited by FreestylerVI; 08-18-2020 at 10:02 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.

Quote Originally Posted by FreestylerVI View Post
    it was answered why
    But I wanted a specific answer to when
    see you on the battlefield & best regards
    Freestyler
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam
    It is entirely possible that we someday realize our vision has been fulfilled and we therefore have a set release target - but until then we will keep on expanding the scope of the game (and thus the time in Early Access).
    Thats the most precise "when" they can/will give you at this point of early access. They donīt/wont`t have a specific date yet. Itīs not that hard to understand, why they choose this answer at the current state of the game. Deal with it and (much more imported) accept and respect their statement. Dedicated servers will maybe available after the developement of WoR is done. There is no specified ETA. So thereīs no need to argue any further...