Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for dedicated Server

Suggestions for dedicated Server

Hello I wanted to ask the following

when are the server files available?
    the current possibility for own servers are unacceptable.(price-performance)
    I asked this question 1-2 years ago and was not really answered.
    In addition, further questions were asked over time,examples: https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...dicated+server

time has now passed much time
    and related to the dedicated server nothing happened.
    I found 2 providers for WoR Servers (same price performance)

I don't want to offend anyone or anything
    in my opinion you owe us that that you give us a concrete answer about that.
    the community has been buying overpriced servers for many years
    I and many others therefore do not want an immediate solution BUT a concrete answer as to when this situation is changing

as it is now, it is too expensive and insufficient

best regards FreestylerVI

USA Captain

They probably won't be available until after game launch. We are still in Alpha here.

Your own thread link has the answer that will just get re-posted.
    https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...ll=1#post98139
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We only support one provider because we are still in the alpha phase and introducing an unknown factor such as self hosted servers (on a wide range of hardware and connection speeds) is not going to help development at all in regards to stability work and bug fixing - quite the opposite in fact. It will blur the picture you as well as we are getting in relation to the state of the current build.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    They probably won't be available until after game launch. We are still in Alpha here.

Your own thread link has the answer that will just get re-posted.
    https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...ll=1#post98139
    Yes and no
    that's exactly why I ask and would like a specific statement.
    it's easy to say
    We only support one provider because we are still in the alpha phase and introducing an unknown factor such as self hosted servers
    And that's why I also ask for a specific statement
    it's easy to say alpha phase and that's why that's ok.

i like this game and this community but at some point you can ask critical questions+ especially after such a long time?

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by FreestylerVI View Post
    especially after such a long time?
    Not that long of a time, I've been waiting since 2016 for historical mode.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    Not that long of a time, I've been waiting since 2016 for historical mode.
    I don't want to compete about who will wait longer... apart from that one has nothing to do with the other.
    you also talk about wanting new content and do you want to tell me that I won't wait long because you wait longer seriously? Or have I misunderstood?
    I am talking about using existing content and how to use it fairly (price performance).

Hello,

From the game's Steam store page:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“With more than 8 years in development (and having had crowdfunding backers & early access customers help us test the game and develop its mechanics in the some 170 alpha updates released over the past few years) we have chosen a methodical update release schedule. We are dedicated to bringing as many details and features into this game as possible as long as we have the support to do so. There is no end goal for us and thus no set target for how long we plan for the game to be in Early Access.

It is entirely possible that we someday realize our vision has been fulfilled and we therefore have a set release target - but until then we will keep on expanding the scope of the game (and thus the time in Early Access).

We hope you will be part of that journey with us.”

- Trusty

first: Thanks for the "answer"

I am aware that you are trying hard.
    the only thing that many want and I wanted too was a concrete statement about the dedicated servers files...

my concern was not to give the existing players the opportunity to Rent fair servers or create it yourself
    what I wanted was the information when it comes or whether it will come at all.

It happened what I suspected
    it was said:
    the game is in early access,
    the game will be developed for so and so many years,
    we have that and the background story

but that's not the point
    guys i like your game

I just find it strange not to make statements with content
    just say that you don't want to make a statement because then you would commit yourself or maybe because you don't want that at all or what do I know why

i see a game here with a cool community
    who has been spending a lot of money for a long time and to be able to play this game at all
    everyone who plays this multiplayer game support you automatically one more reason why i don't understand that.

in the end I even understand that you that you make no promises or statements to the individuals
    from an economic perspective

I find it a pity

best regards FreeZ

SwingKid148 already posted my answer as to why we’ve settled with a single provider for the time being (due to us being in alpha). I then read you asking for an official reply which I took to mean regarding our alpha status and not why we dont support more providers/release server files. If I was wrong there then you must have missed SwingKid148’s post containing my original (and official) answer.

- Trusty

No, as I have already explained to SwingKid 148
    why
    is not an answer to
    when

once again..
    first i wanted a specific statement whether they come /when etc... because i haven't heard anything specific about it
    I also explained why I asked and why that was important
    then I am told something that has nothing to do with the question (Steam store page)

it's actually easy as I have already written "just say that you don't want to make a statement because then you would commit yourself"
    and that's OK

even if you don't really support the community with it (as I have already explained why that is important)
    but well, my question would have been answered....

But now you haven't answered the question and haven't said that you don't want to answer it

-FreeZ

Quote Originally Posted by FreestylerVI View Post
    No, as I have already explained to SwingKid 148
    why
    is not an answer to
    when

once again..
    first i wanted a specific statement whether they come /when etc... because i haven't heard anything specific about it
    I also explained why I asked and why that was important
    then I am told something that has nothing to do with the question (Steam store page)

it's actually easy as I have already written "just say that you don't want to make a statement because then you would commit yourself"
    and that's OK

even if you don't really support the community with it (as I have already explained why that is important)
    but well, my question would have been answered....

But now you haven't answered the question and haven't said that you don't want to answer it

-FreeZ
    Swingkid likes to play devil’s advocate when people make suggestions and you should be honored that Trusty even gave you a response usually he just ignores my suggestions.