Thread: [Suggestion] Raise the current character limit of 25 to 30

USA Captain

[Suggestion] Raise the current character limit of 25 to 30

Context
    I am Cpl. Blett from the 42ndPA and recently we have been running into some problems with the current character limit of 25. We normally use the tags <rank> lastname <tag>. Where our usual tag would be [42ndPA] but since the arty is out we have a battery which has an addition to the tag: [42ndPA(CB)] which caused a cut off to a couple of members' in-game names.

If the character limit is 25 and we take the required 5 for the rank Pvt. + space character and space + [42ndPA(CB)] which is 13 characters for the tag, that just leaves us with 25-5-13 = 7 characters for the lastname. for example the lastname "Washington" would be too long.

Suggestion
    We suggest to increase the character limit to 30. In our opinion this shouldn't impact the GUI too much and would give for a bit more breathing room for lastnames, bringing the allowed lastname character count to 12 in our case for our crewmen. I am sure there are companies or regiments like us that have been having issues with this limitation as well.

(It would also bring down the number of required executions the 42nd has to do for members with incorrect in-game tags )

USA Brigadier General

good idea. Names get easily cut of due to tags
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Captain

If increasing the character limit seems too difficult I guess we all are OK with the implementation of the Company Tool as Game Client. Should work fine!