Thread: M1816 Springfield Flintlock Musket

M1816 Springfield Flintlock Musket

Just a minor suggestion - I personally think it would be cool to add the m1816 springfield to the game. Although the M1842 Springfield is virtually the same gun, except percussion, I think giving a few CSA regiments the chance of having it would be pretty cool. Its a minor detail but would be a fairly interesting one, though I'm sure there are far more important things to be worked on first (200 player servers, cav, and new platform system).

M1816
    unnamed.jpg

M1842
    unnamed.jpg

While I agree it would be cool, I think it's probably something that should go at the very bottom of the to do list.
    The rightful ruler of the HRE, Holy Sloth.

Agreed
    Would be nice feature.

Most of the Old US Army Flintlocks were converted to percussion starting 20 years before the war. By 1862 you'd be hard pressed to find one in the active Armies.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDuke View Post
    Most of the Old US Army Flintlocks were converted to percussion starting 20 years before the war. By 1862 you'd be hard pressed to find one in the active Armies.
    Flintlocks where used only in the starts of the war, for example, the 39th NY, till mid July 1861 was equipped with old Springfield 1816. As you said, 1862 was too late for flintlocks, only militias used them
    Captain Davide Campi, 39th NY "Garibaldi Guard" Co. A