Thread: Rowan's Battery is recruiting!!

1st North Carolina Artillery recruiting!!

CURRENTLY RECRUITING NA & EU

My steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008699763/

About Us

Rowan's Battery was brought back to life by Captain Tea early in 2020 and has since grown into an active and well trained unit . We pride ourselves on our professionalism on the field, and our shenanigans off it. We play every weekend as part of Hood's Division, a large and active community within War of Rights. We also attend both EU and NA events with members from all over the globe so all are welcome!

Rowan's Artillery History

The Rowan Artillery was called up 3 May 1861 for twelve months service. The men were organized in Salisbury, North Carolina before being sent to Weldon, North Carolina where the men would enter the Confederate service for 3 years or the duration of the war.

It was here that Captain James Reilly took command of the artillery unit. Reilly was an Irish Immigrant, who had been a member of the United States regular army. He had fought during the Mexican American War in artillery and at the start of the War Between the States; Reilly was the Ordnance Sergeant at the United State post of Fort Johnston in Smithville, North Carolina. He was known in the service as “Old Tarantula”, and was described by a soldier of the 4th Texas as “rough, gruff, grizzly and brave. He loved his profession and knew his business.”

The Rowan Artillery served at the Battles of Williamsburg and Yorktown. They were with General Thomas J Jackson during his valley campaign and in the Seven Days Battles. During a reorganization of the Confederate Artillery in the spring of 1863, the Rowan Artillery; now called by many, Reilly’s Battery, was placed in Confederate Major Mathis W Henry’s Battalion, a part of Major General James Longstreet’s Corps.

Captain Reilly and his men arrived on the field at Gettysburg on 2 July 1863. Sometime before 4 pm Major Henry had the guns placed on the crest of Warfield Ridge, in front of Confederate John Bell Hood’s Division. This was the right wing of the Confederate line of battle that day. The ground was open and the sight lines to Devils Den and Little Round Top were good. Reilly’s men brought six pieces to the field, 2 Napoleons, 2 three inch rifles and 2 ten pound Parrotts.

During the long cannonade on 2 July, as the Confederate -attack was being made, one of the Rowan’s rifled pieces burst. The gun was replaced that night by a captured Union 10 pounder, most likely from Smith’s 4th New York Independent Battery.

On 3 July Major Henry had Reilly move two of his guns; the Parrotts, to the far right of the Confederate line. It was these 2 guns which took part in repelling a Union cavalry charge made by Brigadier General Elon Farnsworth at about 5 pm. The last of the action on the Gettysburg Battlefield.

Last edited by Tea; 11-23-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Rowan's Battery now forms one of two batteries of the 1st North Carolina Artillery Regiment of Hood's Division

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA!

nice add

Thanks

USA Captain

Welcome and best of luck!

Last edited by Tea; 11-14-2020 at 03:36 AM.

I'm part of Rowans Artillery, currently a Corporal under Major Tea, and I couldn't talk bad about the battery even if I wanted to. We are a very organized battery, and I think we've proved our worth in combat from the many regiments we've fought with and against so far, including PB, Fubars, everyone in Hoods Division, PA, and many others.

If the reason you want to join a regiment is to make friends, you can do that in Rowans, but you will also be turned into an artillery killing machine, so I see no down-side here. Everyone in Rowans has been trained to have incredible accuracy, and there are a couple tips and tricks that we teach to the newer members to help them learn how to aim, and we'd love to teach recruits who have no experience with artillery. Plus, getting a cannon shot in the middle of an enemy line is not only incredibly satisfying, but beneficial to your team to watch those tickets go down after killing 10 people with one round.

Thanks for taking a look at Rowans, and I hope to see you here soon!

I'm also part of Rowans Artillery, currently a Private under Major Tea, and Honestly ProfiFaust said everything that's sums up about this group. Seriously, if your looking for a well organized, serious, but also a laid back regiment that likes to shoot the crap & just laugh then Tea's regiment is where to join! The regiment are very new player friendly as I am one myself, & this regiment took me under their wing being very helpful, & patient for me. Trust me its worth the join! Thank you for reading my comment & see you on the battlefield!

Sometimes we play blue bellies as well!