Thread: How is bullet randomness calculated? Does it have any correlation to the time the sho

Question How is bullet randomness calculated? Does it have any correlation to the time the sho

I posted this a couple days ago on the Steam Discussion but figured I'd try here as well. Anyways, I've noticed some uncanny groupings of shots in volleys and was wondering if one of the CG devs wanted to weigh in on how the bullet randomness forces are calculated? It seems like the time the shot is fired could be correlated to how the bullet travels.
    The rightful ruler of the HRE, Holy Sloth.

Hey there HRS,

Each weapon is actually using their realistic counterpart's ballistics based on tests done by the Ordnance officials at the time, as well as a few modern ballistic measurement results as points of comparison. As such, if one has practiced for a while with a given rifle, that person has a good chance of giving consistent results with their aim. For any further breakdown of the math involved, I would defer to one of the head developers FancySweetroll, who implemented the ballistic profiles into the game.

I'm going to disagree on the realistic ballistics. I've lost count of how many times I've fired at the torso at point blank range only to have nothing happen.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    I'm going to disagree on the realistic ballistics. I've lost count of how many times I've fired at the torso at point blank range only to have nothing happen.
    thats a question of hit detection not of ballistics
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    thats a question of hit detection not of ballistics
    Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=#333333
    GeorgeCrecy][/COLOR] As such, if one has practiced for a while with a given rifle, that person has a good chance of giving consistent results with their aim.

I'm going to stand by my first statement. Ballistics are nowhere near where they should be.

CSA Major

I'm going to stand by my first statement. Ballistics are nowhere near where they should be.[/COLOR]
    Could be desync tbh.
    Captain Carter, North Carolina - Serving the 6th Louisiana

Ancestry
    Private John Autry - 2nd NC Light Battery Company C
    Sergeant Daniel Autry - 20th NC Infantry Company I
    Private Amos Ammons - 53rd VA Infantry (Unknown company)
    Private Alpheus Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry (Maybe Company A, died in battle, Fisher Hill)
    Private Daniel J. Ammons (DJ) - 51st NC Company K
    Private Reason Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry Company A

You can fire through people, as in if your close enough, your gun just goes through the person.
    The rightful ruler of the HRE, Holy Sloth.