Thread: Enfield Rifle Accuracy

Enfield Rifle Accuracy

Let me begin by saying this may have been a glitch and we may just be losing it. With that said it seems there was a stealth buff and then stealth nerf of rifle accuracy, specifically the Enfield during the latest patches. I said "we" earlier because a couple of freinds can vouch for me when I say that the accuracy for the Enfield was fixed and the drop was not horrendous as it has always been. The very tip of the rifle could have been used to hit targets accurately without having to raise your aim (you actually had to lower it that's how good it was). Now the rifle is back to being horrible after the recent patches.

I would like the devs to give us an explanation.

Hello,

Rifle accuracy has not been altered. There was a re-center fix for all weapons several updates ago fixing an off-set of all weapons issue even more updates ago but that is it in terms of changes to weapon handling.

No changes to any kind of drop (be that rifle drop when aiming for too long or bullet drop) nor any changes to any kind of spread or muzzle velocity have been deployed to any weapon. It is true that there was a short while (like a week or so) where all weapons were not entirely centered when aiming meaning slightly off shots but that was quickly fixed up.

The only thing specifically changed about the enfield in recent times is an update to its model, primarily focusing on the shape of the rear sight. It now much closer resembles its real world counterpart (of which we have one original one of here at WoR HQ).

Could it be possible that you've not gotten used to the updated, more accurate, rear sight picture of the enfield yet?

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

The only thing specifically changed about the enfield in recent times is an update to its model, primarily focusing on the shape of the rear sight. It now much closer resembles its real world counterpart (of which we have one original one of here at WoR HQ).

- Trusty
    With respect, please do take note of the numbering on the attached image of a rear sight copied from an original which will show that the actual 300yd sight setting isn't on the ladder at all. Before there is a retort about how some were made differently, I have a buddy with an original as well and the only difference in the sight on his is that the numbers are in the old Nepali numerals, but they are still the same numbers as well as the rear sight on my reproduction Enfield which also has the correct numerals in the correct place. The 300yd sight in game is where the 500yd sight is irl, and the 500 yd sight is at the 700yd area, with teh 700yd area being at the 900yd area on the real life sights.
    This isn't meant to stir the pot, but point out a factual bit of information, though I would love some photos of whatever original you have so I can verify where it's from and who actually manufactured it because I am a nerd and some change about that particular rifle musket.

Enfield Rear Sight.jpg

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, you are correct. The adjusted range sights on all weapons really are due for an overhaul. They’ve not been updated since their introduction a long time ago (the roughness of the animation when adjusting range as well as some of the inaccuries highlight this).

When I wrote about the rear sight picture getting a bit of an update I spoke of the default 100 yard one - should probably have clarified that.

- Trusty

Okay I accept that answer, but I kind of want to know why the Enfield doesn't perform like it does in real life (coming from a guy who owns one and live fires it relatively often) what with the awful drop in game and odd lack of consistency within 100yds.

Quote Originally Posted by GBuck View Post
    Okay I accept that answer, but I kind of want to know why the Enfield doesn't perform like it does in real life (coming from a guy who owns one and live fires it relatively often) what with the awful drop in game and odd lack of consistency within 100yds.
    Enfield doesn't have drop within a hundred yards now with the re centered sights
    The rightful ruler of the HRE, Holy Sloth.

i am going to be watching this forum more closely from here on in