Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Trolls have taken over the public servers

The devs seem chronically in denial of the effect of trolls on the game. It's never been an issue you can put off. They're taking money out of your project hand and fist driving players away. Those public testing servers should disappear or be policed. Unmoderated servers are absolute pariahs. I took a look at the servers just last night and saw a 180/200 one and that's the first thing I thought: Ohhh boy. An official server. Gee, I wonder how that's going. Clans and other organizations aren't perfect with moderating, they often leave it unmoderated, but it beats pure anarchy any day of the week. This isn't the first guy to sign up on the forums literally just to say as much as has already been said again and again. A rating system will help but IMO those official servers should not exist and serve no real purpose. Working on fifteen months 'WoR free' here - that's my thoughts on public gameplay. I'll be back.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    The devs seem chronically in denial of the effect of trolls on the game. It's never been an issue you can put off. They're taking money out of your project hand and fist driving players away. Those public testing servers should disappear or be policed. Unmoderated servers are absolute pariahs. I took a look at the servers just last night and saw a 180/200 one and that's the first thing I thought: Ohhh boy. An official server. Gee, I wonder how that's going. Clans and other organizations aren't perfect with moderating, they often leave it unmoderated, but it beats pure anarchy any day of the week. This isn't the first guy to sign up on the forums literally just to say as much as has already been said again and again. A rating system will help but IMO those official servers should not exist and serve no real purpose. Working on fifteen months 'WoR free' here - that's my thoughts on public gameplay. I'll be back.
    I have 4 friends that bought the game and were so turned off by the blatant and constant trolling, they refuse to give it a second shot. Shame too as these guys are reenactors and N-SSA members that could have brought in so many more players that this game would be geared towards. They, like most people, have no time for idiocy and refuse to waste money on something that is not fun. Really sucks because I used to enjoy the game so much

@Devs I am concerned about the new 'anti-trolling' feature that you guys want to implement. How can you promise this downvote won't be used against your female fanbase? If some jerk and his friends that don't want women playing the game all group up to downvote the female player then she essentially cannot play the game properly anymore? I can see how this downvote thing could be abused easily.

For instance these kinds of people. 20210906001209_1.jpg

And you do have a female fanbase that is surprisingly large, but they have to hide that they're women because that's just how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnightSolo View Post
    I am concerned about the new 'anti-trolling' feature that you guys want to implement. How can you promise this downvote won't be used against your female fanbase?
    If your getting downvoted so badly to the point you 'can't play', then you probably deserve it. Otherwise the community doesn't exist to protect people's feelings. I would fully expect to get downvoted a few times by a few individuals on a 100 player team, especially when it's a brand new feature and people want to play with it. People trying to troll the downvote system is another important point for not having unmoderated servers letting trolls flaunt themselves in the ecosystem openly without any recourse. I'd rather have subpar designated admins on official servers than none at all. Plus having functional and enjoyable public gameplay so that all players have more than a single choice for a populated server to play on at any given time, that's important. Common sense says that a server function to disable the system would be useful for locked server events, but the need (in that case) might be more indicative of an unhealthy community if designated leaders at closed events are getting downvoted out. Disabling the system could be something that could at least be allowed if the server is locked, but really high level server admins can benefit from flexibility
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; Today at 09:20 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n