Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VOIP mumbling

VOIP mumbling

Hello, whenever I play this game I can barely hear people using their microphones over the noise of battle. I'm not sure if this is intended for realism or whether i'm just suffering from sound issues. I can barely hear commanding officers or other players on the field even when there isn't shooting going on. All the sound bars are maxed out but I can't turn the sounds of the game down without affecting the voice output of players, for the only bars available are master volume, music and voice output.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

USA General of the Army

Try going into the game setting and turning the volume up.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    Try going into the game setting and turning the volume up.
    Re-read the OP.

CSA Captain

I have the same issue since a few patches back, one can turn down the general sounds & music, but the VOIP remains way softer than it used to be. If one runs for example Teampspeak alongside of it the ingame voice becomes even less noticeable, so I'd love to be able to turn that volume up by any means. Cheers.
    Passion prevails!

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Wigster600 View Post
    Re-read the OP.
    Apologies, it had been a long day. Trying turning some of the others down. I had a similar issue a while back so I turned the environmental sounds down and left voice at max.

have you checked the volume mixer on your desktop?

CSA Captain

Managing now with lower environmental sounds, still the lower volume of voice is noticeable. Not too big a deal though, managing, cheers.
    Passion prevails!

Issue still persists. It's still incredibly quiet no matter the sliders I fiddle with.

I also found the VOIP to be pretty quiet at times. Also the fade-off when you move away is quite rapid.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    I also found the VOIP to be pretty quiet at times. Also the fade-off when you move away is quite rapid.
    The 'voice' is 3d, which means you need to be standing close to someone to hear him ... and have to agree when there's a lot of shooting, arty, yelling ... I can't hear much from what the person besides me is saying (unless he's yelling)

Might be a good thing to have a slider to boost the sound from players, I wouldn't boost the mic (cause that might cause some eardamage for some )
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.