Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Trolls have taken over the public servers

I can confirm the THEPaNzEE1 is not one of his friends as they targeted him as well...

The troll situation in official servers have become so bad that even a developer was seen trolling together with them on the cannons. Trolls were even seen bragging how they are friends with the developers, so that's why they don't ban them from the official servers. The tk system is also completely broken, i have seen trolls tk people so many times, and even after like 6 times, they don't get banned...

ThepanzEE1 was TKING with arty. They were saying he was Ralph but Ralph was there as well. Ralph was behaving MUCH better than panzee. Amazingly. Thepanzee was mad someone TKed him in a previous match. Went arty the next match saying he was going to TK FormlessNut with arty and blame it on others. We tried to stop him. Spend the hole match ranting and raging at how he should be allowed to do it.

Next match immediately he spun a cannon around and TKed the spawning infantry. He then had a buddy helping him. I think it was Tomcat from the above video helping him
    Last edited by MethBilly; 01-20-2021 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Security View Post
    I can confirm the THEPaNzEE1 is not one of his friends as they targeted him as well...

The troll situation in official servers have become so bad that even a developer was seen trolling together with them on the cannons. Trolls were even seen bragging how they are friends with the developers, so that's why they don't ban them from the official servers. The tk system is also completely broken, i have seen trolls tk people so many times, and even after like 6 times, they don't get banned...

Can confirm supercool and his pal do this often

Not entirely convinced of that Atlas. Regardless of whether he's with them or not, he continually changes his name, rejoins, tks with arty and rinse and repeats. Doesn't matter to me if he's friends with them or not. He does the same thing. Also, you should try and save the links to their steam profiles as well. Even if they are alternate accounts its still one less to deal with.
    Last edited by zzman305; 01-01-2021 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley Addict View Post
    A lot of Regimental players are going into public matches to team kill and purposely throw the match for their own amusement. This will cause the game to die very quickly as the regiments must recruit from public players but since they're abusing public matches the public players are just going to stop playing and since regimental players come and go over time and without replacements they will die out too. Server admins are not regulating because they don't think intentional team killing and game-crash mic spammers in public matches warrants action. During 11/25/2020, 3 or 4 matches in a row were thrown by the CSA team lead by members of one of the AL tagged regiments and eventually the USA team also had a lot of team killing occurring with no effort to regulate it. The 3 team kill temp ban rule is easily avoided since they can spread the team kills among themselves and other public players they command to commit team kills for petty reasons.

(Edit)
    Also just to be clear: there are public players ruining the game too, such as Ralph and others, Training Sword Riley has been doing the game crash microphone glitch and other players too but during 11/25/2020 players with Regimental tags were the main offenders. Regimental players disrupt the game with recruitment and if you mention this they team kill you and the admin is either uninterested in doing anything or they claim they cannot do anything about it. So being in a regiment has a huge advantage to trolling since multiple reg members can team kill more people than an individual public player trying to fight back (since the admin can't/won't act there's no regulation against team killing and so that is a viable option to defend against trolls except for the 3 team kill ban rule which as I just mentioned helps the trolls more than the players just wanting to play the game.)
    Just want to say, Alley is the coolest cat in the game. Just listening to him in game is a riot. I actually look for regiments that he is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Security View Post

Developers don't "troll with them" or anyone else for that matter. I would suggest you to let go of that notion asap if you wish to be taken seriously going forward.

Not acting on a player report, which we officially do not support - we haven't for years as it tore this very community apart and wasted a lot of dev time too (ending with entire companies reporting and counter reporting each other), is not the same as joining in the trolling or even taking their side.

We do have a temp ban team damage system tied to artillery coming up (in the next update most likely) as we have seen an increased amount of people exploiting the fact that there isn't one the last few months.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Developers don't "troll with them" or anyone else for that matter. I would suggest you to let go of that notion asap if you wish to be taken seriously going forward.

Not acting on a player report, which we officially do not support - we haven't for years as it tore this very community apart and wasted a lot of dev time too (ending with entire companies reporting and counter reporting each other), is not the same as joining in the trolling or even taking their side.

We do have a temp ban team damage system tied to artillery coming up (in the next update most likely) as we have seen an increased amount of people exploiting the fact that there isn't one the last few months.

- Trusty
    Well some system is better than nothing. Still its getting to be a rather constant problem Trusty. I understand you guys can't admin servers 24/7 and that your time is usually spent actually developing the game, but considering that this games community is only about 1-2 full servers a night, a group of trolls like this is having a long term effect on gameplay. I understand the "Player report" system created problems for regiments, but if community cohesion is the argument your using then I don't see how 3-4 guys working match after match to TK with the stated intention of depopulating servers (and succeeding at it) helps that arguement

On privately run servers we can usually grab an admin from a discord to hop on (assuming the time of night) and deal with them, but the official servers with the most stable connections are an admin ghost town most nights. If you can't send someone to help out because your busy then have you considered trying to find some people in the community that's respected enough to do it for you? Several smaller games with problems like this have done this before and I haven't seen trouble there.

Quote Originally Posted by zzman305 View Post
    Well some system is better than nothing. Still its getting to be a rather constant problem Trusty. I understand you guys can't admin servers 24/7 and that your time is usually spent actually developing the game, but considering that this games community is only about 1-2 full servers a night, a group of trolls like this is having a long term effect on gameplay. I understand the "Player report" system created problems for regiments, but if community cohesion is the argument your using then I don't see how 3-4 guys working match after match to TK with the stated intention of depopulating servers (and succeeding at it) helps that arguement

On privately run servers we can usually grab an admin from a discord to hop on (assuming the time of night) and deal with them, but the official servers with the most stable connections are an admin ghost town most nights. If you can't send someone to help out because your busy then have you considered trying to find some people in the community that's respected enough to do it for you? Several smaller games with problems like this have done this before and I haven't seen trouble there.
    Thank you for the suggestion - it is something that has been brought up before which we have considered.
    The thing is that we’d probably end up having to review reports of the actions of the chosen official community admins instead then which would likely result in quite a bit of time required as well.

- Trusty

[QUOTE=Atlas Security;104434]I can confirm the THEPaNzEE1 is not one of his friends as they targeted him as well...

Annoying, yes, unbearable no.

I've played on public servers for 2 years now, and I agree "trolls" are an issue, but they're only a nuisance unless they take officer slots and lead their regiments to death repeatedly and then laugh at it.

The only other scenario where trolling is a nightmare is if they're on arty and they fire case point-blank into your reg, something which i remember very clearly you did today.

For the most part when that happened (as it did today in 1 out of the 7 rounds i played) i just had 4 guys on a rotating team who would shoot the arty troll when they got close to the cannon, its annoying but those trolls can be mitigated leaving only officer trolls as a huge issue.

Also sidenote, if they keep changing their name just open up the list of players, click on their name and save their steam - problem solved.
    Last edited by Equanimity; 01-02-2021 at 12:19 AM.
    Famous last words in public matches: "Are those cannons are aiming at us??"

Trolls:
    Ralph as Hardcore Civil War Player, imitating regiment member Nightfire.
    His buddy "Cletus", imitating a regiment member of 5th NC and later played as Rat Fucker.

Both were cannon trolling and harassing people constantly. In the end Ralph thought it was funny to drop a few N bombs as someone was livestreaming the harassment he had to endure.
    Last edited by Atlas Security; 01-02-2021 at 04:49 AM.