Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trolls have taken over the public servers

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    Everyone who played this game pre open alpha could see how wide open it would be for griefers and trolls. Some of us warned the Devs, and not only did they not heed those warnings, they as much as said that they didn't care. The only solution is to stop playing on public servers and get your money's worth on regimental servers that have Admins before this game drops off the face of the earth. Friendly fire was a disaster just waiting to happen....and it did.
    I think they're just really naïve, they seem like they care about the product I think they're just sick of everybody's antics. Like I said, it blew my mind at the time. That being said, I've found the community to be an unusually high caliber. You still can't have un-admined public servers. Just get some community volunteers to stay clear of clan life (if that's such a big deal) and have them moderate.

I promise you people would do it. Set some basic oversight over it and make sure they know what offenses to ban, etc. You cannot just design a game to automatically stamp out trolls.

One of the biggest thorns in the side of the last small community I camped in was the official servers, and after those vanished it was a random Russian server hosted by 'Anitalink' that took years to go away. Fortunately the high ping kept many away. There should not be unadmined servers. I'm laissez faire AF but I'm not an anarchist.

I haven't been on much lately but I know the serious gamers will continuously always underestimate how bad trolls are. Society has miscreants and people with disorders and psychosis and they legitimately make up a portion of these people. Some of the most dedicated players I ever encountered were trolls. They'll be the first ones in servers and make sure it's an unpoliced one, not even exaggerating. I don't even hate them, they're just mostly sick people. Don't be naïve, they get off on causing pain. That is the game to them.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 03-08-2021 at 05:21 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Watch View Post
    This Bromhead aka Penny Fleck guy is the biggest troll as of late, he had a buddy trolling with him who took my name:

These trolls seem to be pals and get on at the same time.

this is what happen when you let's some troll have their own server.
    booch(one of ralph friend which ralph is well known troll before the new anti-troll patch came out) and his friend intentionally teamkilling me like 3 times in a row with arty,then call me liar and ban me from their server(it's a coop server between 2nd FLA and 5thNC)
    things is getting worse now aday innit?

I am sending this reply so I can make an actual forum post please ignore

trolls everywhere, rip

Hello,

We're currently looking into ways to drastically limit or remove trolls in the game. Our current design is still on the drawing board but it is looking very promising so far.

We will write up a preview of the system once we're a bit further along in its development.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Hello,

We're currently looking into ways to drastically limit or remove trolls in the game. Our current design is still on the drawing board but it is looking very promising so far.

We will write up a preview of the system once we're a bit further along in its development.

- Trusty
    You got our interest ? Does it involve 'tarring and feathering' ?
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    How about letting us pick from the top 10 list?

10 Brutal Punishments That Used To Be Legal In The Civil War Military

Bucking and gagging.
    Log-carrying to the point of exhaustion.
    Riding the Spanish donkey or wooden mule.
    Branding.
    Sweatboxes.
    Flogging.
    Tying on the spare wheel.
    Tying on the rack.
    Tying up by the thumbs.
    Continuous dousing with sea water.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    How about letting us pick from the top 10 list?

10 Brutal Punishments That Used To Be Legal In The Civil War Military

Bucking and gagging.
    Log-carrying to the point of exhaustion.
    Riding the Spanish donkey or wooden mule.
    Branding.
    Sweatboxes.
    Flogging.
    Tying on the spare wheel.
    Tying on the rack.
    Tying up by the thumbs.
    Continuous dousing with sea water.

Hey now, nothing wrong with a little consensual bucking and gagging.

I think the devs should be more transparent. I realize this game is your baby but even if it consumes your entire life as it is, still the overwhelming majority of hours subject to trolls is undertaken by the community. You cannot eliminate trolls with game rules. A vote kick will even be used by trolls to troll. You could theoretically use some sort of reputation system but even that can be abused. You have to admin the official servers - not a tough concept. The least expensive approach might be to contract an admin and pay him a cash bounty to record, upload 'proof' to a private location of clear official server rule violations that meets certain criteria, and ban certain players from those official servers.

If there's some better, programmed solution - all of Gamerdom across the ages is waiting to hear.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 03-24-2021 at 04:26 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n