Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trolls have taken over the public servers

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I think the devs should be more transparent. I realize this game is your baby but even if it consumes your entire life as it is, still the overwhelming majority of hours subject to trolls is undertaken by the community. You cannot eliminate trolls with game rules. A vote kick will even be used by trolls to troll. You could theoretically use some sort of reputation system but even that can be abused. You have to admin the official servers - not a tough concept. The least expensive approach might be to contract an admin and pay him a cash bounty to record, upload 'proof' to a private location of clear official server rule violations that meets certain criteria, and ban certain players from those official servers.

If there's some better, programmed solution - all of Gamerdom across the ages is waiting to hear.
    Not sure if you read my last reply - we do intend to write up an overview of the new planned system in the near future.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Troll alert!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tny0061 View Post
    this is what happen when you let's some troll have their own server.
    booch(one of ralph friend which ralph is well known troll before the new anti-troll patch came out) and his friend intentionally teamkilling me like 3 times in a row with arty,then call me liar and ban me from their server(it's a coop server between 2nd FLA and 5thNC)
    things is getting worse now aday innit?
    We posted this video on our youtube channel and afterwards one of our members received threats from Booch from 5thNC and stating he did not ban the guy, but that the other admin did, 2ndFla Zhu. Today i got send footage again from Tony with Booch being really toxic towards Tony aka SupPhin.
    Last edited by Troll Watch; 03-24-2021 at 10:41 PM.

USA General of the Army

You know, if you don't mind me saying so .... I really think you need to find something else to do. It seems trolls have ruined this game for you to the extent that you can do nothing but farm them.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    You know, if you don't mind me saying so .... I really think you need to find something else to do. It seems trolls have ruined this game for you to the extent that you can do nothing but farm them.
    Ah yes, the people who are trying to keep toxic individuals from ruining this game are of course the bad guys here.

USA General of the Army

Seriously?
    That's what you get? Trolls Good. Regular players Bad?

Sorry but you're a bit short sighted there.

While I never said anything about "toxic individuals" being good and "ruining the game". And I sure didn't say anything about regular players being "the bad guys," That's your interpretation.

Let's reflect a bit shall we?

We're in game, 'Oh Look!' there's a 'toxic individual!" "He's come to 'ruin' our game. Or try to."

There are two maybe more reactions to this:

My first reaction is to just flat out ignore the idiot and continue playing my game as I always have and let the "toxic individual" wear himself out being "toxic" and not getting a rise out of me. So the 'toxic' bunny bounds off to go bother someone who will respond. Whose having the more fun? Me obviously.

Your reaction is to start waving your arms and countering, or counter-acting said "toxic" individual by trying to point out all the things he's doing that drives you nuts and ruins your experience, and he knows it now, and so he thus keeps it up. He's having a great time 'playing' with you because he now knows that he's ruining your experience. He's happy you're pissed off.

So in that respect, your counter actions to said "toxic" individual actually farms more of them because he goes and tells his friends he's found an easy target. More 'toxic' players show up and they're in your face BECAUSE you're reacting to them.

That's the purpose of a troll. Getting a rise out of other players by their stupidity.

You defeat that purpose by not reacting or responding. They can't troll if you don't let them.

So you decide. React, or Not to React. Reacting farms more.

Of course then I suppose there is another option which I employ on occasion as well. I go find a different server. This reaction is dependent on said "toxic" excessive behavior.

Good Luck.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Watch View Post
    Ah yes, the people who are trying to keep toxic individuals from ruining this game are of course the bad guys here.
    FYI: You’re arguing with A.P. Hill, a forum troll who opposed the addition of admin tools, server passwords, auto-tk bans, and nearly every other feature requested by this community over the years. He is the self-appointed "Major General" of a non-existent unit who is ridiculed on the Discord servers of most large regiments in this game. Consequently, I suggest taking Hill's own advice about dealing with trolls and doing what the rest of the War of Rights community has done for years whenever he posts—Ignore him.
    Last edited by O'Rourke; 03-26-2021 at 02:18 AM.

Understood, adding him to my ignore list!

CSA Captain

The only way to stop this is more community involvement in kicking players. Maybe have team votes to kick or all active leaders of reputable regiments have the ability to kick but they themselves can be banned for misusing the feature.
    More admins basically or other games like certain Arma mods, players can vote to kick a troll.

love how Toxic from 5thNC trolling on me intentionally tked me on arty 3 time in a row and then booch join in the next round directly threaten on me.

booch join after that round and came directly to me

Last edited by tny0061; 03-30-2021 at 06:35 AM.