Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Trolls have taken over the public servers

I'm glad you can see where I'm coming from.

And that may be true, but in all honesty I have never seen a game so full of racist/sexist players in a single game in my entire life and I've been around in the gaming world since the days of the original playstation. So that's the reason for there being the concern otherwise I wouldn't have thought twice about it.
    Last edited by JediKnightSolo; 09-19-2021 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Hit enter too soon

"Blessed be the LORD, my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

A server admin could ban people based on gender or race, too. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have admin controls. I don't doubt your story about the TKer being true, it seems entirely consistent with the internet I know, but it's more of an issue of server admins or a lack of it.

If I was back to server hosting and I saw people TK other people intentionally, they would get a ban first time, especially if they were admitting to doing it on purpose in chat for any reason. Permanent ban for repeat offenders (hopefully there could be a good way of tracking this some day). If there aren't hordes of people who hate me for bans then I'm not doing my job. No warnings or panzy crap like that and nobody would know when I was on the server creeping about either, the bad players just need to be removed.

I wouldn't say WoR is the worst, it's a little better than my last community in terms of trolls. I think it's a side effect of the local voice chat. 3D voice chat is awesome, period, but it leads to a localized social dynamic where people behave much differently than the low-engagement banter of universal voice chat on a normal game server.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    A server admin could ban people based on gender or race, too.
    I have actually seen that happen. This guy banned almost the entire server when he went power crazy. It was more funny than anything else though because everyone could just go to another server. Doubt he's a admin now though. The server owners probably removed him because I've not seen him since.

"Blessed be the LORD, my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

1st Cav are looking for Gallant Volunteer’s Join Today Website : http://www.join1stcav.com/

When will you put the regional prices back in place? We want to develop the RU community! Stop ignoring us!

I will continue to write here every day until I get an answer. How many times can we be ignored?! Or do you think that if you just don't work with the community, everything will be fine?

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Degradatus View Post
    I will continue to write here every day until I get an answer. How many times can we be ignored?! Or do you think that if you just don't work with the community, everything will be fine?
    Well for starters, since these are your first two posts on the forum recently. It's better to create a completely different thread on General or better yet, the Suggestions and Feedback instead of going into topics that don't relate to your feedback. At that point, you're spamming and you made a point you'll do so.

I checked on some of your posts and I noticed Blondie responded to your question in a thread awhile back
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Your concerns are very well placed my friend. Unfortunately, your knocks at the door are being met with silence. Even if for some reason the price of the game was readjusted back to the prior price, the game would still be lacking as you have stated. The lack of maps and diversity in the game has been a constant issue these past few years. The devs have done nothing to remedy this issue. The community is asking for information on what is being worked on and they have yet to release any monthly field reports informing the community on what is being worked on exactly. It has been a game of telephone where the devs will release tidbits of information to random people which than get passed down and around slowly with alterations to the information each time it is passed around. If the dev team wanted to showcase some decency they would release field reports as every other single developing team, big or small has been doing.
    I understand your passion and wish for your fellow countrymen, women and them to play War of Rights with a Russian community. But spamming threads that don't relate won't help your cause.
    As I said, create your own thread which is more contained and can fit your narrative better. Perhaps it will fall on deaf ears as was said before, but it's better to at least try! https://www.warofrightsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Suggestions-and-Ideas
    Last edited by Captain York; 09-25-2021 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Adding some slight clarifications
    "Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." – Abraham Lincoln

Ya there are a lot more running around now. Especially on both sides its insane.

CSA Captain

if there was the abilty to have the offical servers be able to warn/kick/ban rasist people in them to help clean up the servers

CSA Major

Are you aware of the newly added demotion system C.S.A Sniper43? If enough members on your own team downvote the troll(s), they will be demoted to private and unable to do anything else. I also believe that if enough people mute the offending player, they are automatically muted across the server, although I do not know the mechanism for this to trigger.

I think that there should be a vote-kick feature like many other multiplayer games out there, if only to add to the arsenal of tools available for players and administrators alike.