Thread: Not Able to Save Changes For Some Options in the Settings Menu

Question Not Able to Save Changes For Some Options in the Settings Menu

Hey y'all,

I've been playing this game for about a week now and I love it. Since I have a lower end machine and highly populated servers seem to cause really bad FPS, I was researching to find some ways that might increase the performance a bit until I get a i5 CPU. I can't remember exactly if it was Reddit or the Steam discussions page but someone mentioned that turning off DOF and setting the corpse count to 0 made a huge improvement. For some reason these don't seem to save after changing them. If I turn DOF off it'll save until I reboot the game and the corpse count will default back to 50 right after I leave the graphics menu. I saw that someone also posted about DOF not changing here on the forum. Is anyone else having issues with the corpse count or any of the other settings? I tried everything listed in the Known Issues & Fixes thread and nothing seems to solve the issue. Any suggestions?

Specs
    Intel Core i3-4130T
    16GB RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860M
    1TB 2.5 Inch HDD
    Windows 10 2004 64-bit
    Last edited by MTM517; 11-10-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Hi there!

Welcome to WoR.

The entirety of the options menu is getting an overhaul in the next game update (currently available on the public test branch).

This should fix every issue where a setting does not save.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Hi there!

Welcome to WoR.

The entirety of the options menu is getting an overhaul in the next game update (currently available on the public test branch).

This should fix every issue where a setting does not save.

- Trusty
    Sounds good Trusty, thanks for the reply.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTM517 View Post
    Hey y'all,

... I was researching to find some ways that might increase the performance a bit until I get a i5 CPU. ... Any suggestions? ...
    Yup, I'd skip over the i5, and get a mid range i7.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Yup, I'd skip over the i5, and get a mid range i7.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll continue looking!

Btw I should mention that switching to the public test branch fixed all the issues I was having with the settings.