Thread: For when Arty TKs are implemented

For when Arty TKs are implemented

The proposal I have for when arty TK punishments are implemented is that it should function differently then infantry. It's extremely easy to cause the amount of team damage with artillery with one misplaced shot, just like it's possible to get one or maybe even two TKs accidentally in a round. My concern that if held to the same standard, you could see lot's of artillery crews getting banned left and right due to a single bad shot or bad call by the officer. Obviously there's a delicate balance between being forgiving to accidents and making sure trolls are stopped. Perhaps different team damage rules could apply on passworded servers?

Whatever the solution ends up becoming, I just wanted to voice the concern.
    The rightful ruler of the HRE, Holy Sloth.

Yup, had a guy yesterday intentionally shooting artillery into the backs of our own guys, he thought it was 'funny'. It's a great way of deterring people from the game. There was nothing we could do as there was no one on from the 1stTX (was on their server). So I just tried teamkilling him as much as I could to keep him away from the guns. He also jumped on OUR gun as soon as it was loaded to pull the chord. Very lame.
    4th New Jersey Volunteer.

Most admins tolerate trolls, as they see them as one of the last few players this game still holds, i did not play the game since April, i came back in the end of September and was just shocked at how the public community has gone to sh*t. (Cannon) trolls just running wild over the place, the only trolls that were a issue half a year ago were some people playing music and a flag troll once in a while, now we got trolls just completely ruining the match. And it's turning future buyers away from the game. The community is killing this game.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by HolyRomanSloth View Post
    The proposal I have for when arty TK punishments are implemented is that it should function differently then infantry. It's extremely easy to cause the amount of team damage with artillery with one misplaced shot, just like it's possible to get one or maybe even two TKs accidentally in a round. My concern that if held to the same standard, you could see lot's of artillery crews getting banned left and right due to a single bad shot or bad call by the officer. Obviously there's a delicate balance between being forgiving to accidents and making sure trolls are stopped. Perhaps different team damage rules could apply on passworded servers?

Whatever the solution ends up becoming, I just wanted to voice the concern.
    The solution should be the removal of team killing full stop. It serves no useful purpose in this game, & just makes it one of the easiest to troll/grief in. The Devs we warned that this was going to happen and like everything else with WoR they ignored, and continue to ignore, the concerns of their player base. The systems implemented in WoR are a griefers wet dream and were never going to work without Admins being available to ban these idiots.

It's especially stupid having, what should be your game testers, subjected to all of this abuse. Get rid of team killing.
    Last edited by Sox; 12-09-2020 at 07:20 AM.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

One shining light has happened regarding trolls is that Family Share has been disabled for the game as trolls used this to get back into a server they were banned on. So server owners, ban those trolls and they only have to be back on a account they have to purchase WoR for, to just get banned again! Free money for the devs!