Quote Originally Posted by SalamiSticks View Post

Limbers and Caissons
Discussion: Should extra ammo from limbers and caissons be available?

In-game each gun comes with its own limber, as well as a limber caisson combo behind. Currently the limber/caisson is static and ammo cannot be retrieved from them. I’m not sure if it would be wise or not to open up the players to an extra 3 ammunitions chests. I imagine there are balance concerns with this amount of ammo being available. However I also can’t recall ever playing a match in which guns running out of ammo was the deciding factor. If more ammo had to be fetched by detaching the extra limber and pushing it forward to the gun, or simply walking the ammo back and forth could negate any issues with the much larger ammo capacity on game balance. Regardless, I felt it was worth mentioning as I find myself running out of ammo often with much battle left to be fought and I don’t fire without reason.

Some anti-suggestions

McMuffin has suggested removing the moveable camera when aiming the guns. I think this is a poor idea. I think it’s great the way it is now. If the sights were fixed like on the rifles, anybody & everybody would be able to find the point blank and fire like those who have spent time gaining experience and skill using the weapons. I advise against this, I think the developers got this perfect, although perhaps more range of motion even would be better still.
Furthermore, with regards to ‘Bitchqueen’, and their suggestion of adding the Pendulum-Hausse sigh to the gun, I support this notion. However it seems superfluous. It provides nothing extra that the range and elevation displays already do not. But it would be nice for aiming.
I was on board with you until those last two bullet points. You obviously don’t command a gun during organized events a lot.

Ammunition is way too limited and the movable camera when aiming is complete garbage. You can’t even see the front sight on the Napoleon. Range? Who knows? Windage? What’s that? Without a clear sight picture and aiming tools it’s anyone’s guess. It’s commonplace to be out of ammunition by 20 minutes on the clock seeing as canister is essentially useless except at point blank range.

Did you pick up the wrong ammunition? Too bad. There’s no way to put it back in the limber or drop it. You’re stuck with that bad boy in your hands.

There are aspects of artillery where you just have to sit and ask what the hell anyone was thinking when they coded it. Stick around. You’ll see.