Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Admin Tool.

CSA Captain

The New Admin Tool.

The new admin tool added the feature to turn off autobalance directly from the menu which is great and welcome addition. However there are a few things that were available in the old admin tool that currently isnt from what i can see.

Hy3G2Kq.jpg

- The Ability To RESTART A Round

This wouldnt have been to much of an issue if you were able to que the same map twice, that however isnt something you can do with this new admin menu so having the ability to restart a round would help alot for events.

-Hiding/Showing Your Admin Status

This isnt that much of a problem, having the ability to hide or show your admin status is nice and it was something you were able to do in the old admin tool but seemingly it has been forgotten or taken away. It would be a nice feature to add back in.

If anyone else have suggestions for future admin tools that would be good addition feel free to post and discuss the new admin tool.

I dunno about the new menu since I've been out of the picture for 6 months but..

The concept of a "round restart" is a relatively simple one which is important for events IMO. The prior way it was done required the scenario to be reloaded potentially scrambling roles and teams without well disciplined teams. Ideally it would merely reset the timer, set the team morale back to start, reset all the limber chests and gun positions, and spawn everyone back in their main spawns in the same roles. The only reason you'd want to reload the same map is to accomplish all that, not scramble the teams.

The announcements were completely useless before showing up in the same text as the rest of the players. I understand the legitimate concern of misuse of a more overt 'announcement' feature non stop (which will definitely happen on clan servers) but it's ****ing critical to be able to communicate effectively, particularly if you are not bringing your whole organization on discord to the event. In any event, you're already majorly disrupting player freedom at the risk of a ban so why effective announcements are an issue is beyond me.

With these two problems it was pointless trying to run an event without extensive logistical support (friends to help the huge lift of herding players, etc).

Either make an event-oriented game or focus on public gameplay. Otherwise both will definitely become token occurrences much sooner than a game of this caliber should necessitate.

The continuous ability for anonymous admins is also utterly critical to control trolls who will otherwise be as two-faced as it can be arranged as someone was recently complaining on a thread about trolls. Not letting admins hide is the single best way to make public gameplay a troll-filled nightmare
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-05-2020 at 07:59 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post

...The continuous ability for anonymous admins is also utterly critical to control trolls who will otherwise be as two-faced as it can be arranged as someone was recently complaining on a thread about trolls. Not letting admins hide is the single best way to make public gameplay a troll-filled nightmare
    Couldn't agree more. Admins need to be anonymous.

CSA Captain

The "old" Admin Tool had the "Restart Round" Functionallity added to it.

It has disapeared with this new Admin Tool.

USA Captain

If you want to hide the admins can't you just do the following on your privileges file: showColors="0"?

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    If you want to hide the admins can't you just do the following on your privileges file: showColors="0"?
    We should still be able to have the option to hide admins. I'm really annoyed with having to dig around in game files for features a lot of people use, only to have it broken with the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Admins need to be anonymous.
    Definitely. I would like to add that a fellow admin I know had his admin status hidden before the update. Currently you cannot see that he is an admin as it remains hidden, seems that the update more or less "locked" into place if admin was shown or hidden. Either way, this should be fixed sooner rather than later.

CSA Captain

The Devs Have Added the function to restart a round again, however you are still not able to Hide/Show your Admin status.

Heya folks, I seem to be having an issue where I cannot change time/weather or make announcements. This has only been the case since the latest update.
    Is this a server config issue or is it something on my side?

Thanks!
    -Greyhelm

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhelm View Post
    Heya folks, I seem to be having an issue where I cannot change time/weather or make announcements. This has only been the case since the latest update.
    Is this a server config issue or is it something on my side?

Thanks!
    -Greyhelm
    Using the F3 admin menu or the commands?

The commands seem to be the same between pre and post platform update. So, I would have to assume on your side configuration with permissions.