Some issues regarding Artillery I want to throw up for discussion/consideration. Before I start I want to add that I understand the devs have a lot on their plate and I think they are building an amazing game. If I didn't think so I wouldn't be here, however, this arti stuff is a bit f'd atm.

1. Parrott Sights are broken af, I think we all know this and from what I understand speaking to a dev, they are intending to fix this. Glad to hear it.

2. The main frustration is the AWOL issue with artillery officers. Firstly, I do not know why the devs felt the need to implement a far stricter zone for arti officers, but I feel the issue of rambo artillery officers on public matches is far less of a problem than the devs think. I have only witnessed an arti officer spawn in and rambo once, and that was on School House Ridge on the defunct Brockenbroughs Battery that no one likes to use anyway.

The zone around the original artillery position has been reduced to around a 10-15 yard sphere around the battery you spawn in. However, you must be within range of two artillery pieces in order to stay skirmishing so that reduces your area of operation further. This is the furthest I could get from a gun, with two crew members standing next to it.

For anyone that has spotted as an officer for a battery of 4 or more guns, standing 10 yards from your piece will allow you about 5mins of spotting before the residual smoke builds up and you lose sight of your targets, even with binoculars. To illustrate to new area of operation of an artillery officer, I have put together this crude, paint style childs rendering of an artillery position.

If you are an artillery officer, you better get used to living inside a couple of square yards on the edge of your area of operation. I have heard people say that you should just have two members of your artillery follow you around. But do any think you would be prepared to basically miss an entire event to follow your officer back and forth?

This is why I believe, in order to stop artillery having its knackers clipped, by basically rendering the artillery officer useless, the area of operation for the arti officer needs to be doubled at the least.