Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game crashes shortly after starting

CSA Captain

Game crashes shortly after starting

Hello, since the last platform updates my game usually crashes 1 or 2 times just after starting. Then it usually becomes stable. It shows in the screen something like "RX age server 20.2s rely 0.0s" ... (numbers can change).
    Can that issue be fixed? thanks.
    33rd Virginia Regiment Staff
    God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal.

I've been having the same exact problem. Are you able to get into a game? Typically i'll have this issue 15 times in the length of a game and it's infuriating. However, I'm able to get into the games typically before this happens for me. It's been happening since the update for me as well. I'm also curious on a fix. I've tried updating drivers and such and i'm not sure if it's on our end, do you have an AMD graphics card?

Mine is crashing as soon as I start, when the Cryengine screen appears it just freezes. I've tried reinstalling. Would really like to play the game again...

CSA Captain

mine isnt starting at all after the new up date today

I have a problem accessing the game after the last patch. I get into the game, but when I need to access the server, I get an error and a message that I can't connect.

CSA Captain

iron try to do a full reinstall thats what fixed it for me before the up date but after its broken as hell for me

Yeah, mine will not start either. I am also hearing that our War of Rights server constantly restarts.... sucks paying for a server for a game that I can't even start lol. I have over 2500 hours in the game and it has always worked fine I highly doubt it is anything on our end.

BTW 1st Virginia is recruiting lol. www.1st-va.com
    Last edited by Billy-Jim-Bob-Jr; 07-11-2021 at 01:35 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    To perform "a full reinstall" it is advised that once you uninstall the files through Steam, that you go back to your hard drive and physically remove all traces of WoR from your harddrive. That means going to your steamapps/common/WoR directory and deleting any remaining file system left from the steam uninstall.

I usually perform an extra operation running a third party harddrive cleaner that will check and eliminate any unassociated files scattered across the drive.

Once that's done, and all the folders are removed from your system, do a cold boot, by shutting off your computer. Allow it 5 or so minutes to rest, then restart the system, then go to steam and reinstall your program.

Yeah, it's a lot of extra work, but it assures that there are no corrupted files / folders that didn't get removed from the uninstall.

BTW, it's always a good thing to shut your computers off once in a while. (just some folks never shut their systems off, not accusing anyone of being in this group.)

Oh, and run the updates from Windows, ALL the time.

Good Luck.

CSA Captain

so what is plan b ?

Quote Originally Posted by C.S.A. Sniper43 View Post
    so what is plan b ?
    Repeat Plan A