Thread: War of FARB - 1st USSS on Hooker's Push?

War of FARB - 1st USSS on Hooker's Push?

We all know that one of Campfire Games' biggest goals of War of Rights is historical accuracy, so why is it that the 1st United States Sharpshooters is featured on the second map in the Antietam rotation - Hooker's Push?

I believe this is a simple error of confusing the 1st and 2nd regiments of the USSS, as the 2nd USSS was in the Eastern Iron Brigade, and participated in the skirmish area. Anther explanation could be that the developers wanted to include the intricately modeled 1st USSS into the game, without waiting to add Shepherdstown. The 1st USSS was assigned to a division in V Corps, and while Syke's Regulars of the V Corps did see limited action at the Middle Bridge (which I would LOVE to see added - but thats another post for another day), the 1st USSS was not engaged until they saw some light skirmishing action at Shepherdstown.

At any rate, I think its an egregious error to an otherwise really great historical game. I personally would love to see the 1st USSS replaced with the historically accurate 2nd USSS - even though, yes, the 2nd USSS is already featured on Hatch's Attack.

USA Captain

I have to agree with you! I feel there have been some peculiar regiment choices on other maps as well. Sometimes they fix them, sometimes not.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

I completely agree with you here in saying that this might have been a simple case of mistaken identity however, it should be remedied nonetheless! Also, the 2nd USSS is the only regiment in-game where officers have a rifle. I am unsure if this was done on purpose but it could definitely make Hooker's more chaotic for the rebels with an extra sharp in the hands of an officer.
    Last edited by Bl1zzt3r; 07-28-2021 at 11:54 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.