Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unit Customization Requests

USA Lieutenant General

Would be happy with the units that are in the game already.
    The next step would be the face customization and after that the backer's uniforms & weapons.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by MadWolf View Post
    Would be happy with the units that are in the game already.
    The next step would be the face customization and after that the backer's uniforms & weapons.
    Yes, I should think it's best that we can begin with customising for existing units on the skirmish areas. I am not sure if CG are asking for community priorities against all of the regiments available, or just the ones currently available in skirmish. I can't imagine face customisation to be very far away at all, it was mentioned as being close in the update.

There are several good reasons for welcoming this development, principally historical accuracy, unit recognition and esprit de corps.
    Could I suggest that as well as identifying companies, the rank and file might also become more readily identifiable to each other within the unit without pressing "T".
    Your Officer and NCO personalities are easily identified by their dress.
    This could be extended using the characterisation suggested by Field Report 45.
    Something as simple as standardising dress for differing grades of private soldier (available in some regiments) would become possible.
    This would be useful as it would show all team members who the more experienced players were, so that newer recruits could follow their example in response to orders and events in game.

I think the 20th New York would make a nice addition to the Unit Customization Feature.

A nice mix of Standard Federal Gear with nice unique additions.

But that's just my opinion

CSA Captain

You could also very well just start with the 56th Virginia Infantry... Iconic state, best unit of all units among the community with understatement being of utmost priority and so on and so forth.

So, yeah if I would be in your shoes, I'd kinda go for the 56th Virginia Infantry first. Yeah I think so!

Cheers gentlemen!

Don't know if this fits the topic but I want to suggest either being able to change my unit's skin color or if the developers can add a 'Colored' regiment to the side of the Union as they used to call them. I've read about regiments such as the 19th Infantry Regiment that was attached to the IX Corps at one point.

According to this website, https://www.blackpast.org/african-am...ops-1863-1865/ , there were approx. 175 regiments of non-white soldiers during the Civil War.

I recognize that technically people of color couldn't officially be enlisted till after the Emancipation Proclamation was released, after the Maryland campaign where the game takes place, but I believe it will make the game better/more fun and generally more inclusive, bringing in lots more players.
    I'm new!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Sorry, but blacks did not serve in a military fashion in 1862, the year that this game is modeled after: The 1862 Maryland Campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by EsasNalgasBO View Post
    I recognize that technically people of color couldn't officially be enlisted till after the Emancipation Proclamation was released, after the Maryland campaign where the game takes place, but I believe it will make the game better/more fun and generally more inclusive, bringing in lots more players.
    I realize some popular games that used to be classified as historical shooters have recently sacrificed any semblance of historical accuracy for the sake of inclusivity, but we're not about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    I realize some popular games that used to be classified as historical shooters have recently sacrificed any semblance of historical accuracy for the sake of inclusivity, but we're not about that.
    Hear! Hear!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Yeeeheeee