Thread: kills

kills

I don't know what can be done with this "game" anymore, I only play once a year for a day or 2, before I would play as much as I could, blown away with the concept and the fun.

suggestions - hhhmm it's a self-described accurate simulation "game". To add a concept other than a historical event would be inaccurate.

But then, would that be a bad thing? would it be so bad to add new types of game options? or to even have black characters considering 1 in 10 were African American on union side. How about adding to GameMode improvised telescopic sights to sharps? again, this is an accurate historical fact from the start to end of the war.
    I always find this amazing that sharps "union" could hit a target from 600 yards and had to get 10 consecutive shots in a 10inc target - Jack Hinson from the CSA got 32 officers kills well worth the read if you google his name.
    Now how about a GameMode that lets you know if you got a kill? an option to have on or off, like a ping or sound that only you can hear. Can you really on this "game" see the difference between a tree, house, target at 300 yards?

I know having such a sound is meet with "it's not an accurate historical fact" but then it's an option to compensate for lack of vision, over the weekend less then 300 people played, Monday to Friday less than 100.
    Having such options could / would bring back player's and severs will be much more active, and if they do join a regiment - the sound option is always able to be turned off.

It is a proven fact the people who confuse gaming with real life have a gaming disorder.

I think a personal record of kills/deaths. could be added. (as a field report).
    there are 4 companies. deaths should be displayed there. (but I get the "teamwork" argument). But maybe, just maybe you could add a detailed report with each company listed.
    Add a wounded category. ( a death is 2 tickets (headshot, or a limited hitbox, wounded 1 ticket (just add one ticket))

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Personal "kills" are not going to happen. Any argument otherwise is a lost argument.

CSA Captain

Let's just keep it where the setting is. Lee's Maryland Campaign. No black soldiers, scarce, scarce almost no Scopes on the Antietam Battlefield. (Backers might eventually get the J.F. Brown Target Rifle, if the game ever reaches full release status, ...and even then... ) Jack Hinson did not operate on the Eastern Theatre, and I would not really like to have 300 Jack Hinsons on the Server (but well at times on publics it feels like it
    The game should never see a personal kill count. I would just say, if players really need this then WoR is simply not their game. You can have such things in all the other reknown FPS's, but it is a core non-mechanic that makes WoR so outstanding and enjoyable.