Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here reenacts?

CSA Major

A question for you fine folks; is there a degree of authenticity between 'X' and 'Y' style suspenders? I've read conflicting reports and I'm looking to invest wisely.

Francis Ford Coppola's classic "The Godfather" trilogy has been a lifelong obsession for Dimitar Berbatov, who used the iconic movies to learn English as a young boy growing up in Bulgaria.

So it's perhaps not surprising that the 36-year-old striker chose to re-enact a scene from the cinematic masterpiece to help promote his upcoming charity match.

CSA 2nd Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by [RG]Chewie View Post
    Me leading company K of the 71st PV at Neshaminy State park.

Attachment 6005
    where did the rest of your kit go ?

CSA Major General

I love and respect all you re enactors .. the only bit I have done is a local thing at fort mims, being I am mvskokee, but I have had the gift of watching so many of you so many times and applaud you.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

Watching all of the WoR vids on YT reminds me very much of my 20+ years of reenactment, first with the Sealed Knot (English Civil War), then SOSKAN (American Civil War) and lastly the Napoleonic Association, all UK based. Can't wait to rekindle that fun only this time on the virtual battlefield.

USA Captain

I re-enact the Civil War and the War of 1812. I do British and US for 1812, and Federal for US Civil War.

Civil War re-enacting is pretty small in Canada, so you have to go to the States for the big events. Nevertheless, the little, and farby, Canadian events are fun.
    No useless coffin enclosed his breast,
    Nor in sheet nor in shroud we bound him,
    But he lay like a warrior taking his rest,
    With his shelter tent around him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CjkCJkCjk View Post
    Hello
    I recently started reenacting and have a very great interests in reenacting and the American civil war, I just wanted to ask everyone, Who here reenacts, and for optional content to add this post talk about what regiment you are in or were in and maybe some funny reenacting stories

thanks,
    Cleburne

I do not but I love to watch them.

CSA 2nd Lieutenant

I just got a new commutation jacket i need to get my Cpl strips on it

CSA Major

I used to re-enact the civil war a few years ago as part of a group in England. I was with the CSA as a company member of the Palmetto Sharpshooters.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Munger123 View Post
    I used to re-enact the civil war a few years ago as part of a group in England. I was with the CSA as a company member of the Palmetto Sharpshooters.
    Nice!
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot