Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here reenacts?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munger123 View Post
    I used to re-enact the civil war a few years ago as part of a group in England. I was with the CSA as a company member of the Palmetto Sharpshooters.
    Knowing this, in generalities just blows my mind. How and Why people would get together to reenact history that wasn't actually a part of their national heritage. I mean I would totally understand if you said you were in to American Revolution or War of 1812 reenacting ...

Yes, I know, there are folks here whose ancestors came to the U.S. at that time and participated, but it always surprises me to see the numbers of Europeans who reenact American History.

And I am aware of many foreign nationals on this board who also participate in their country with reenactments of the American Civil War. But I feel I have to say, I don't see many national Americans reenacting much European national history.

So I guess I'm missing the reciprocity aspect. So, Thank You folks that do this.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Knowing this, in generalities just blows my mind. How and Why people would get together to reenact history that wasn't actually a part of their national heritage. I mean I would totally understand if you said you were in to American Revolution or War of 1812 reenacting ...

Yes, I know, there are folks here whose ancestors came to the U.S. at that time and participated, but it always surprises me to see the numbers of Europeans who reenact American History.

And I am aware of many foreign nationals on this board who also participate in their country with reenactments of the American Civil War. But I feel I have to say, I don't see many national Americans reenacting much European national history.

So I guess I'm missing the reciprocity aspect. So, Thank You folks that do this.
    you havent seen this

Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA 2nd Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    you havent seen this

yes and they look better than a lot of Americans i see which says something

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    you havent seen this

Actually? No. Amazing!

I'll give it a watch!

USA Brigadier General

I Reenact with the 3rd Maine Company A

I used to reenact. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Would love to get back into it but money keeps me from it plus my asthma would hinder me. I was really hard core into it. Loved EFUBU (Events For Us By Us) events more because you were more free to actually fight instead of limited to scripts like major mainstream battles are.

CSA Captain

Hahaha I love the US noob who presented when the CS captain gave the order, then his buddy patting his shoulder "get it down you twat!"
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

There's more ACW re-enactment in Europe - and quite a lot bigger too. Walldürn, for example, is maybe the biggest one. These are some video's from this year's edition (It's a yearly thing). Look carefully, you can maybe even spot me.

The battle (First 4 minutes are kinda boring, skip to 4:30 and then watch to the end

Federal infantry marching towards the battlefield.

One of the better Confederate companies on the march

CSA Colonel

Ive fought at Charleston
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb01C3tZTl4
    And Congaree Creek
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIcgV6QBw48
    both in Hart's SC Battery
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

USA Captain

I re-enact the US Civil War up in Canada, and try to do events in NY. I'm hoping to get down South for the 2018 grand tactical if I can. In Canada I do a 4th Michigan Corporal impression.
    No useless coffin enclosed his breast,
    Nor in sheet nor in shroud we bound him,
    But he lay like a warrior taking his rest,
    With his shelter tent around him.