Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Veiw Point

CSA Captain

Yes, I am not supporting a 3rd person view here, simply something to increase our vision and/or have a semi-locking mechanic to keep our dress in ranks. And if you play a Mount & Blade style of tactics then you probably only have one rank, so yes it is easy to move as a column. But if you are ding the historically accurate two ranks or a column of fours then keeping your dress is nearly impossible. And as has already been mentioned by Rithal, it doesn't matter how many ranks you have, it is still very difficult even with one rank to move in line of battle. It will be interesting to see what can be done to help with this.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Yes, I am not supporting a 3rd person view here, simply something to increase our vision and/or have a semi-locking mechanic to keep our dress in ranks. And if you play a Mount & Blade style of tactics then you probably only have one rank, so yes it is easy to move as a column. But if you are ding the historically accurate two ranks or a column of fours then keeping your dress is nearly impossible. And as has already been mentioned by Rithal, it doesn't matter how many ranks you have, it is still very difficult even with one rank to move in line of battle. It will be interesting to see what can be done to help with this.
    An FOV slider is going to be introduced in the next update - we're also working on other means to help formations out.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    An FOV slider is going to be introduced in the next update - we're also working on other means to help formations out.

- Trusty
    That's awesome and good to hear! Thanks for the response.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA 1st Lieutenant

Need 3rd person reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee
    angry_pepe.jpg
    1st Lieutenant Rutger Müller, 6th Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, Company A

USA Lieutenant General

Nah, 3rd person isn't needed. This isn't mount and blade. Thanks for the info trusty.

- Kyle

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    Thank you man we needed that !!!

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    Nah, 3rd person isn't needed. This isn't mount and blade. Thanks for the info trusty.

- Kyle
    While i wouldn't mind a third person, i will agree it's not entirely necessary and wouldn't be useful for combat, especially considering you actually need to aim down the sights instead of having a circle or dots where the bullet may or may not land

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    While i wouldn't mind a third person, i will agree it's not entirely necessary and wouldn't be useful for combat, especially considering you actually need to aim down the sights instead of having a circle or dots where the bullet may or may not land
    Exactly which makes 3rd person pointless. I'm here for the historical and realism aspect of the game.

-Kyle

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Aside from some good information provided by Trusty, I consider this thread pointless.