Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Veiw Point

USA Lieutenant General

Jokes 4 life, m8

USA Brigadier General

I also would like a 3rd person option in the War of Rights. 3rd person games for me are more enjoyable and more fun for me.. because I get to see my awesome character and uniform.

CSA Brigadier General

I would love to have 3rd person option in the game! If this game had 3rd person that would be really great, I know some people don't like it, but have it in the game and the server host could choose to allow it or not.

I am pro peripheral vision! (as in a massive field of view ((perhaps expandable vis a vis held button?))) In my experience in marching band we were taught to follow a moving formation with peripheral vision, we only looked left and right to clean a static formation, and then only in practice. In learning a show; we tried to move from mark to mark in the correct number of steps, in the time allotted, in march [pronounced mark] time (if the block was veeery basic). Every practice we got closer and closer to our marks. Heck, the different instrument sections competed with each other for supplementary-drill exemptions! The goal was to not need to dress after a check so you could learn how to find your mark with peripherals in a show. What fellow who takes pride in his formations wants a column of swiveling heads? It just doesn't look smart, and slobs don't intimidate the enemy! Further and more importantly being forced to look around at your formation instead of keeping your attention on the battle suppresses the players initiative!

Would anyone care to see a set up such as hold "b" to expand fov, and release to snap back to standard?
    Last edited by Revermen; 01-15-2017 at 06:37 AM. Reason: horrid grammar

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Revermen View Post
    I am pro peripheral vision! (as in a massive field of view ((perhaps expandable vis a vis held button?))) In my experience in marching band we were taught to follow a moving formation with peripheral vision, we only looked left and right to clean a static formation, and then only in practice. In learning a show; we tried to move from mark to mark in the correct number of steps, in the time allotted, in march [pronounced mark] time (if the block was veeery basic). Every practice we got closer and closer to our marks. Heck, the different instrument sections competed with each other for supplementary-drill exemptions! The goal was to not need to dress after a check so you could learn how to find your mark with peripherals in a show. What fellow who takes pride in his formations wants a column of swiveling heads? It just doesn't look smart, and slobs don't intimidate the enemy! Further and more importantly being forced to look around at your formation instead of keeping your attention on the battle suppresses the players initiative!

Would anyone care to see a set up such as hold "b" to expand fov, and release to snap back to standard?
    Yes, I don't think this is a bad idea, or possibly just increase the field of vision for everything. I agree that for good, no hassle drill you need peripheral vision. Obviously this would be hard to achieve with only one monitor, and most have resorted to the ALT key. But I find that it is nearly impossible to use the ALT key and make accurate inputs to correct maneuvers. Or to solve this possibly have a key that essentially allows a player to "grab his neighbor's sleeve" and lock onto him for better drill. I don't know if I like this idea 100%, but it may be the best option. Anyway, I think this has been discussed before, though I can't recall the response.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

RhettVito
    Look guys 3rd person won't be in-game no matter how much you beg it's set in stone and it will not change ..... As for some of you just wanting 3rd Person to help with formations I can understand that to an extent. The first person experience will improve give the devs time to work on the game in that time the net code and servers will improve. Everything will work out in 1st person just grab an infantry manual such as Casey's or Hardee's study hard I can ensure that you and your unit will be fine. Just my thought on this...

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Revermen View Post

I like this, imo it's the best option without having to go 3rd person.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA 1st Lieutenant

It's very easy to get into lines properly in mount and blade in first person so i don't see why it would be different in this game really.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    Look guys 3rd person won't be in-game no matter how much you beg it's set in stone and it will not change ..... As for some of you just wanting 3rd Person to help with formations I can understand that to an extent. The first person experience will improve give the devs time to work on the game in that time the net code and servers will improve. Everything will work out in 1st person just grab an infantry manual such as Casey's or Hardee's study hard I can ensure that you and your unit will be fine. Just my thought on this...
    If I understood them correctly, Reverman and Lance Rawlings were advocating for a button that could temporarily increase the player's field of view in first person to simulate peripheral vision, and not a full third person mode.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag
    It's very easy to get into lines properly in mount and blade in first person so i don't see why it would be different in this game really.
    While I do agree that the first person point of view should be the only viewpoint in the game, it does make things difficult sometimes. You gave the example of mount and blade, and I totally agree that advancing in column formation is relatively easy, as it is in War of Rights. However the trouble begins when a unit tries to advance in a line of battle. This is true in both War of Rights and Mount and Blade. There is a need to work around this somehow, however I'm not arguing for the existence of third person in WoR by any means...
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

USA Captain

We should add drones in the game XDDXXDXXDXDXDXXXDXXDXXDXDXDDXXXXXDDDD