Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Veiw Point

  1. #51

    CSA Captain

    Lance Rawlings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    834
    Yes, I am not supporting a 3rd person view here, simply something to increase our vision and/or have a semi-locking mechanic to keep our dress in ranks. And if you play a Mount & Blade style of tactics then you probably only have one rank, so yes it is easy to move as a column. But if you are ding the historically accurate two ranks or a column of fours then keeping your dress is nearly impossible. And as has already been mentioned by Rithal, it doesn't matter how many ranks you have, it is still very difficult even with one rank to move in line of battle. It will be interesting to see what can be done to help with this.
    To the Colors!

    Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot


  2. #52
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Yes, I am not supporting a 3rd person view here, simply something to increase our vision and/or have a semi-locking mechanic to keep our dress in ranks. And if you play a Mount & Blade style of tactics then you probably only have one rank, so yes it is easy to move as a column. But if you are ding the historically accurate two ranks or a column of fours then keeping your dress is nearly impossible. And as has already been mentioned by Rithal, it doesn't matter how many ranks you have, it is still very difficult even with one rank to move in line of battle. It will be interesting to see what can be done to help with this.
    An FOV slider is going to be introduced in the next update - we're also working on other means to help formations out.

    - Trusty

  3. #53

    CSA Captain

    Lance Rawlings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    An FOV slider is going to be introduced in the next update - we're also working on other means to help formations out.

    - Trusty
    That's awesome and good to hear! Thanks for the response.
    To the Colors!

    Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot


  4. #54

    USA 1st Lieutenant

    FancyPants's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    27
    Need 3rd person reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee
    angry_pepe.jpg
    1st Lieutenant Rutger Müller, 6th Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, Company A

  5. #55
    Moderator

    USA Lieutenant General

    Kyle422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    742
    Nah, 3rd person isn't needed. This isn't mount and blade. Thanks for the info trusty.

    - Kyle

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    An FOV slider is going to be introduced in the next update - we're also working on other means to help formations out.

    - Trusty
    Thank you man we needed that !!!

  7. #57

    USA Brigadier General

    michaelsmithern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Statesville, North Carolina
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    Nah, 3rd person isn't needed. This isn't mount and blade. Thanks for the info trusty.

    - Kyle
    While i wouldn't mind a third person, i will agree it's not entirely necessary and wouldn't be useful for combat, especially considering you actually need to aim down the sights instead of having a circle or dots where the bullet may or may not land

  8. #58
    Moderator

    USA Lieutenant General

    Kyle422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    While i wouldn't mind a third person, i will agree it's not entirely necessary and wouldn't be useful for combat, especially considering you actually need to aim down the sights instead of having a circle or dots where the bullet may or may not land
    Exactly which makes 3rd person pointless. I'm here for the historical and realism aspect of the game.

    -Kyle

  9. #59

    USA General of the Army

    A. P. Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Posts
    3,322
    Aside from some good information provided by Trusty, I consider this thread pointless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •