Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Veiw Point

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    You've bought into the game knowing that third person will never be implemented. Why is there an issue here?
    Agreed 100 %.

I'm done with this conversation.

CSA Colonel

Well, if there is no third person, a spectator option hasn't been officially mentioned. I would assume that this or some sort of other free-roaming camera would be a basic implementation (that can easily be disabled) which I would expect the game to have in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    did anyone see my signature, nobody is noticing it which is sadd
    I did! Really interesting picture
    Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Colonel Jonny Powers
    5th Georgia Volunteers, Company A, "Clinch Rifles"

USA General of the Army

You've bought into the game knowing that third person will never be implemented. Why is there an issue here?
    Well said sir! Huzzar!

CSA Brigadier General

This is the Ideas and Suggestion Thread, therefore it is my opinion that we have different camera options such as first and 3rd person. Go be assholes elsewere
    Captain Ricky C. Wilson
    3rd Arkansas Volunteer Infantry
    A Company "Arkansas Travelers"
    Commanding Officer

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    ... did anyone see my signature, nobody is noticing it which is sadd
    Yeah, I saw it. I didn't say anything because as far as I am concerned, it doesn't relate to the website and the topics being discussed.

In other words, it's not pertinent or relevant.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Yeah, I saw it. I didn't say anything because as far as I am concerned, it doesn't relate to the website and the topics being discussed.

In other words, it's not pertinent or relevant.
    bitter old man

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    We're having a laugh mate.....
    Sorry Son, but the following quote indicates to me that this is far from having a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    This is the Ideas and Suggestion Thread, therefore it is my opinion that we have different camera options such as first and 3rd person. Go be assholes elsewere
    In all due Respect Wilson, because I'd hate for someone to leave this endeavor and miss out on an awesome ending.
    But after your comment above, I have to say, You may want to follow the old saying of "Physician heal thyself." In other words follow your own advice.

From Day one the Developers have stated there will be no 3rd person in this endeavor. They will not change this. There will be free cameras, (nice for screen shots and all I suppose,) but your "insistence" of wanting, nay, "needing," 3rd person is a bit on the rude side. Leifr summed it up nicely in his quote that's highlighted.

Those of us here defending the developers are not the ones being the assholes as you so blatantly accuse. The problem may lie in the misguided effort that someone is insisting on having their way. Hoping to sway the developers into changing their minds. From their stance in the outset I don't see that happening. Up to now their programming has not provided for that, and to go back and appease those few who can not live without the cheat of 3rd person, is something the team does not have time, nor the resources to provide.

The developers said this endeavor is to be as realistic as possible, in order to be realistic, making it resemble as closely real life actions by the player is essential. As I have asked, and stated before, you live a 3D life daily and yet you function quite well without a 3rd person view of your life. Why does what you do in a computer simulation need to be any more different.

And one more final comment then I'm done, if 3rd person views are added then this effort truly becomes only a game. I do not want it to be a game.

Again, this is offered with all due respect Sir. But your inferring that we defending the intent of the developers are the ones being assholes, ... well that's just wrong. You need to man up and apologize to those you've just classified.

I look forward to seeing your positive and good response.

smiley_salute.gif

Keep it civil or I'll have to lock the thread. It's fine having different preferences but please talk about those instead of go into the name calling business.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Sorry Son, but the following quote indicates to me that this is far from having a laugh.

In all due Respect Wilson, because I'd hate for someone to leave this endeavor and miss out on an awesome ending.
    But after your comment above, I have to say, You may want to follow the old saying of "Physician heal thyself." In other words follow your own advice.

From Day one the Developers have stated there will be no 3rd person in this endeavor. They will not change this. There will be free cameras, (nice for screen shots and all I suppose,) but your "insistence" of wanting, nay, "needing," 3rd person is a bit on the rude side. Leifr summed it up nicely in his quote that's highlighted.

Those of us here defending the developers are not the ones being the assholes as you so blatantly accuse. The problem may lie in the misguided effort that someone is insisting on having their way. Hoping to sway the developers into changing their minds. From their stance in the outset I don't see that happening. Up to now their programming has not provided for that, and to go back and appease those few who can not live without the cheat of 3rd person, is something the team does not have time, nor the resources to provide.

The developers said this endeavor is to be as realistic as possible, in order to be realistic, making it resemble as closely real life actions by the player is essential. As I have asked, and stated before, you live a 3D life daily and yet you function quite well without a 3rd person view of your life. Why does what you do in a computer simulation need to be any more different.

And one more final comment then I'm done, if 3rd person views are added then this effort truly becomes only a game. I do not want it to be a game.

Again, this is offered with all due respect Sir. But your inferring that we defending the intent of the developers are the ones being assholes, ... well that's just wrong. You need to man up and apologize to those you've just classified.

I look forward to seeing your positive and good response.

smiley_salute.gif
    B-but why can't we just have some servers with first person and and some with the option to switch between 1st and 3rd, let the server owner decide. You would never have to play on a third person server just like he would never have to play on a 1st person only server if he didn't want to. Kinda like how most fps games have a hardcore and regular mode.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Fisterbottom View Post
    B-but why can't we just have some servers with first person and and some with the option to switch between 1st and 3rd, let the server owner decide. You would never have to play on a third person server just like he would never have to play on a 1st person only server if he didn't want to. Kinda like how most fps games have a hardcore and regular mode.
    Once and for all, the question isn't "why"!
    Since the beginning, 3rd Person isn't an option so why keep insisting on having different servers mods? You are asking for a thing that is not implemented, which logic is that?

If it come to be an option then you can clearly beg for differents perspectives in different servers.
    Last edited by VictorFernandes; 10-31-2015 at 03:54 PM.