Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Veiw Point

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    bitter old man
    Maybe to you Son, but I am quite happy, thank you very much.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by VictorFernandes View Post
    Once and for all, the question isn't "why"!
    Since the beginning, 3rd Person isn't an option so why keep insisting on having different servers mods? You are asking for a thing that is not implemented, which logic is that?

If it come to be an option then you can clearly beg for differents perspectives in different servers.
    I know it's not planned, and the developers definitely have more important things to work on in the game. It's just i would like it and some others would like it too, although we are the minority. That being said it won't make or break whether i buy this game, just a convenience feature i'd like.

CSA Brigadier General

What gets me is how everyone gets tunnel vision when o the idea of anything other than first person is said. In regards to Mister AP Hill, sir you seem to think that 3rd Person is quote "a cheat", if that's what you think oh well for most other gamer's be they play console, computer ect... 1st/2nd and 3rd person view points are one of the most basic features typically found in video game's. And the little comment about why I called you guys assholes should be pretty obvious but to point it out, you guys completely shot my idea down without even so much as a consideration. So yes I called you a name, and I stand by it still.

And one more final comment then I'm done, if 3rd person views are added then this effort truly becomes only a game. I do not want it to be a game.
    Computer Simulation as you put it, sounds a lot like a game to to me, which is what it is mate. Nothing more or less, a game. I think WoR will be an awesome one if it gets released.
    I do not want it to be a game.
    I understand the sentiment here, but dude if you want real life go reenact or something. Repeat WoR is a "GAME".

Now as to the swaying of devs and all that jazz you mentioned, I simply put up my post so that they might consider the option, however I never said that they had to do it, just that they should do it for those of us who like that play style. Mount and Blade does this real well since you can switch back and forth.

Now I have great respect for all devs and staff of the WoR game, however if I'm going to pay almost $300 for something that hasn't even made yet, I would like to at least have my opinion on the table like some many others. Now for the final time on the Threads and Idea's Forum. I think we should either have the option or the ability to change camera view points such as the use of 3rd Person, be reassured I wont be adding anymore ideas or thoughts to the process since others seem to think their a cheat.

-Wilson
    Captain Ricky C. Wilson
    3rd Arkansas Volunteer Infantry
    A Company "Arkansas Travelers"
    Commanding Officer

As I said previously you're perfectly allowed to have your own opinion. We're aware that part of the community wishes a third person option.

- Trusty

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    As I said previously you're perfectly allowed to have your own opinion. We're aware that part of the community wishes a third person option.

- Trusty
    Thanks Trusty, that post was more towards Mister Hill. But thank you for replying.

-Wilson
    Captain Ricky C. Wilson
    Commanding Officer

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Thanks Trusty, that post was more towards Mister Hill. But thank you for replying.

-Wilson
    Hank Hill?

CSA Brigadier General

No A. P. Hill
    Captain Ricky C. Wilson
    Commanding Officer

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Sorry Son, but the following quote indicates to me that this is far from having a laugh.

In all due Respect Wilson, because I'd hate for someone to leave this endeavor and miss out on an awesome ending.
    But after your comment above, I have to say, You may want to follow the old saying of "Physician heal thyself." In other words follow your own advice.

From Day one the Developers have stated there will be no 3rd person in this endeavor. They will not change this. There will be free cameras, (nice for screen shots and all I suppose,) but your "insistence" of wanting, nay, "needing," 3rd person is a bit on the rude side. Leifr summed it up nicely in his quote that's highlighted.

Those of us here defending the developers are not the ones being the assholes as you so blatantly accuse. The problem may lie in the misguided effort that someone is insisting on having their way. Hoping to sway the developers into changing their minds. From their stance in the outset I don't see that happening. Up to now their programming has not provided for that, and to go back and appease those few who can not live without the cheat of 3rd person, is something the team does not have time, nor the resources to provide.

The developers said this endeavor is to be as realistic as possible, in order to be realistic, making it resemble as closely real life actions by the player is essential. As I have asked, and stated before, you live a 3D life daily and yet you function quite well without a 3rd person view of your life. Why does what you do in a computer simulation need to be any more different.

And one more final comment then I'm done, if 3rd person views are added then this effort truly becomes only a game. I do not want it to be a game.

Again, this is offered with all due respect Sir. But your inferring that we defending the intent of the developers are the ones being assholes, ... well that's just wrong. You need to man up and apologize to those you've just classified.

I look forward to seeing your positive and good response.

Attachment 1331
    Lol do you function in a 3d life using a mouse and keyboard tho?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Fisterbottom View Post
    Lol do you function in a 3d life using a mouse and keyboard tho?
    Probabaly more efficiently than others.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Sorry Son, but the following quote indicates to me that this is far from having a laugh.
    I was more talking about myself and Devmc99